Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coldplay

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Right, here's the opinion of someone who's been a fan since they first saw the video for Yellow on VH1 back in 2000 and thought "I think I'll keep an eye on this lot!"

I think Chris Martin is misunderstood by many, I get the impression that he is a very genuine person, passionate about what he does, a bit self-deprecating - generally a nice guy. Which is probably a problem for his biggest critics.

I just think their music is....good. Like people who can't put their finger on why they don't like them, I can't quite put my finger on why I do like them!

So many people I know prattle on about their songs "all sounding the same". Not true at all. Compare The Scientist with Violet Hill. Compare Politik with Don't Panic. Compare Viva la Vida with Trouble.

As for being "boring" and "depressing" live? I've seen them live four times to date and each gig was excellent. First time I saw them was in the Point in 2002 and they were just mind-blowingly good.

Advertisement