Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 3X07 - "Easy as Pie" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 10-11-2008 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

TV.com summary:
    Miguel finds a new target for Dexter. Dexter is asked to do the unthinkable for an old friend. Rita learns Miguel's wife believes Miguel is being unfaithful.

Well, after all the turmoil in the 3x06 thread, here's 3x07 so people can discuss freely. It might be better in the future if anyone wants to discuss a future episode (relative to the given thread that is), even if not giving out direct spoilers but just opinions, that a new thread is created for that episode...

In any case, this was not as strong an episode as some of the previous ones, but it is setting up some interesting threads again, with Dexter's revaluation of his code once again (both in regards to Camilla and
    the defence attorney, Ellen
    ). It also seemed to further strengthen Dexter and Miguel's friendship and it may lead to Dexter deciding to show Miguel the full extent of his "process" soon... I also find it interesting that now Dexter has had his actions affirmed/praised by both Miguel and
    Camilla
    - could this lead to him becoming overconfident and/or sloppy?

Only 5 episodes to go! Things should be heating up soon...

What did you think of 3x07, "Easy as Pie"? 20 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    20% 4 votes
    Average
    60% 12 votes
    Bad
    15% 3 votes
    Unwatchable
    5% 1 vote
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The "Do I see plastic sheets in your future?" line was brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I really enjoyed it this week. Loved the scene at the very end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Yep, that was a fantastic episode. Hooked from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

The Camilla story made this episode I think. The rest was just... blah...

Dexter seems to be bending his code alot lately. I think maybe Maguel will eventually find out about Dexter, be disgusted, which will mean Dexter will have to do a slice and dice and dump him in the North Atlantic Drift to save himself.

I hope the skinner gets to Deb soon!

I was happy for Batista, he never gets a break! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Great episode.
    Debs spots the glaring obvious regarding the skinner/tree cutter link. It fairly well jumped off the screen after the 1st murder.
    Dexter was great. Touches of humanity coming more and more into his personality, though I am unsure if I want a touchy feely dexter, I'm enjoying the journey he is making.
    I hope Anton isnt the skinner. 2 killers debs has slept with plus the guilt over deaths that may or may not have been down to her would kill her.
    Miguel WILL turn on Dexter, and Dex might need to get a little stabby.
    Miguel will kill an innocent before this season is over imo.

• Advertisement

The "Do I see plastic sheets in your future?" line was brilliant.

AC are you satisfied now that I didn't spoil anything with my post in the episode 6 thread? There was no revelation that Anton is the Skinner in this episode. It's still wide open to interpretation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Good episode alright, although I'm finding the hunt for the "skinner" is getting a bit tedious at this stage...
    The plastic sheeting line was ace alright!
    Can see some sort of Miguel/Dexter showdown happening alright...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Good episode - I knew the "Do I see plastic sheets in your future?" line would be popular because it's excellent.

Not too sure I care about some of the sub-plots though, such as Angel's love life or Debbies' (although I think the chemistry is much better there this time).

So reckon Dexter will have to take Miguel out? It'd be the proper way to end it as he realises he's not normal, not like other people and can't have the things they have such as friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

This episode gave me an idea of how they will probably end this show eventually Dextor will get found out and be on the run. Debs will catch up with him and rather than see him face jail/death penalty she'll kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

DingDong wrote: »
    This episode gave me an idea of how they will probably end this show eventually Dextor will get found out and be on the run. Debs will catch up with him and rather than see him face jail/death penalty she'll kill him.

I hope he kills her first....

I hope there's plastic sheets in her future!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Did Camilla not commit suicide at the end by eating the pie after Dexter asked "are you sure"? Kinda defeats the purpous of her Catholic speech earlier.
    Besides that, good scenes with Miguel and Dexter, also, the plastic sheets line was a great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Anyone noticing Deb is getting increasenly unstable, due to boyfriend being killer, the fact she worked alongside a serial killer[or at least she thinks doakes was] and now her witness has been killed.

My moneys on a big twist, with Deb being the killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

My money's not even remotely on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

I dont think anton is the skinner..
    It's not impossible that we have yet to see the skinner yet... but i think miguel is connected to him.
    my theory is he knows freebo didnt kill his brother, but doesnt know who.. and either miguel or somebody for him is trying to find out who...
    he's acting a bit like a power greedy mob boss, and seems to be using dexter purely for his own success, and nothing to do with seeking justice.

My moneys on a big twist, with Deb being the killer.

If that happens then I will leave this forum, never come back and stop posting episode 7 spoilers in episode 6 threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I thought this was the best episode yet. You could hear a pin drop in my house when
    Miguel blew up in Dexter's face

Advertisement