Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Possible Business Cards?

Options
  • 10-11-2008 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a couple of hundred of business cards,nothing too flash

Is it possible to make them with software and a printer or is it more cost effective to get it done in a proper print shop?

Just need something simple with contact details and web address etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

I think vistaprint do them for free but they do have a the vistaprint name on the back in small text...

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

Get them done professionally. It says a lot about your business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 paulfeeney

I agree with previous poster - If business cards are worth doing, they're worth doing right as they communicate your business.

I would have them printed by a high street outlet (Snap) or if thinking slightly larger, Walsh Colour Print in Kerry do good deals on business starter packs: business cards, letterheads and compliment slips, all printed together. Any printer in Dublin could print letterheads but the costs would be prohibitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

As mentioned above vistaprint.ie its about 20 euro for 500 and they do the trick for me.

maybe check them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Vistaprint are all ways reliable and good, you can pay the preminum to remove the advertising on the back, I think it's 1.99. they give you free tee shirts too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

Went with Vistaprint aswell. Reasonable and decent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

If you really want to spend as little as possible on them, there are machines in shopping centres which print them. You choose a design and type in your details at the kiosk. I think they're about €8 for 50.

I'm pretty sure there's one in Tesco Merrion, but probably a lot of places have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I implore you to stay away from Vista print.

There is a business card wizard on print24.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

egan007 wrote: »
    I implore you to stay away from Vista print.

There is a business card wizard on print24.ie

I found vista better quality and cheaper, if you don't mind the daily email offer their pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Musha wrote: »
    I found vista better quality and cheaper, if you don't mind the daily email offer their pretty good.

You'll change....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I wouldnt go near Vistaprint either, I had signed up at one stage to their reseller service where they would deliver stuff i designed for customers. They took payment to sig up to the programme but never provided me with any information such as login details etc. Anytime I emailed them over it I never got a reply regarding the matter or a refund of my money. They dont have a direct email address and you have to use an online contact form which they never seem to respond to. While they may supply your business cards if you ever have an issue with them you can forget about it being resolved. Avoid this crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

Musha wrote: »
    Vistaprint are all ways reliable and good, you can pay the preminum to remove the advertising on the back, I think it's 1.99. they give you free tee shirts too :D

well if theyre giving free t-shiirts that settles it then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭jerryob

Vistaprint all the way, OP. IMO, don't skimp on quality, so.... pay for the premium service, get the 'heavy' card (i can't remember the term), and order 500 on a 3 week delivery time (i receive mine w/i ~4-5 days).

You can design your own bizcards, cheaply and v. professionally. Go to pixellogo.com for a logo. Decide on the ~3 colours you want to concentrate your branding on (i.e. website, collateral, presentations, ...). And write down the RGB settings somewhere safe. Pull the logo into photoshop and alter it to your liking.

As you (hopefully) start employing people, you have the whole process setup at your fingertips.

The only issue i had with Vistaprint was that one shipment of 500 bizcards had a faint blue streak across the face from top centre to right centre. Nobody I ever gave a card to noticed. But..... So I advised VP of this, and they resent another 500 that evening. I had them 2 days later.

So, I ended up spending €60 for 1,000 hi-quality cards, with professional logo under my control.

Just my personal experience....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Happy Vistaprint user here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I use vistaprint all the time too...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Aelfric

Yep, we use Vistaprint too. Had a problem with print quality once, where a line printed across a set of cards we'd ordered. We contacted them, and they sent a replacement set totally free of charge, no questions asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MOTORDEALERS

If you in Dublin, I go with Dolphin Print - just off Crumlin Road. Good place open Mon to Fri and From 1 to 3 on a Saturday. I find them very good, and the Saturday opening is very handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

There are machines in some of the shopping centres which do 20 or 40 business cards for €4. You just work off a standard template. This might be the cheapest of the the cheap!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

MB74 wrote: »
    There are machines in some of the shopping centres which do 20 or 40 business cards for €4. You just work off a standard template. This might be the cheapest of the the cheap!

This was already mentioned :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭VO

Your business card can say a lot about you and your business so get them done properly. In my opinion (and I have heard it from a number of colleagues) getting your cards done with Vistaprint makes you and your company look cheap and nasty. Do it properly . It will not cost you much more and is an investment in you business image and brand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Kine

Would it be possible for people to post the links to the sites they're recommending (or are you allowed to put links in posts?).

Will most likely be getting a batch for myself in the near future, and will be looking for a decent quality service, so would like to research them before hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

reads-nassau street and sandyford

i agree to get decent cards done,i got mine today and im not happy as the lad who did them did not emboss them like i asked (reads are usually bang on though)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Vistaprint also do a nice fridge magnet .........the size of a business .......so if if your business was teake-away / restaurant they would bu useful.......

With Vistaprint you need to register and alway log-in using the link in email , where products are free.........

Watch out , though , because they charge for photo uploads , and you also pay VAT , and postage ..........as one guy above said .....order in time and go for 21 day option on delivery..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Forsaken1

Yep Vista Print worked out just fine for me too...
    Just reminded me about getting more cards!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Nigel Sage wrote: »
    Get them done professionally. It says a lot about your business.
    VO wrote: »
    Your business card can say a lot about you and your business so get them done properly. In my opinion (and I have heard it from a number of colleagues) getting your cards done with Vistaprint makes you and your company look cheap and nasty. Do it properly . It will not cost you much more and is an investment in you business image and brand.

It depends on what you can afford, I am thinking of doing my own with illustrator. Get some nice paper from easons and create your own template. If it works, then good, if it doesn't, I haven't exactly lost much. If my own ones are that bad then I might invest in some "professionaly" done cards.

Could you do your own do you think? Try that first, paper for 10 pack cost about 6 euro. A cartridge costs about 40 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

is it worth it? your already up to 46 euro before you factor in software costs.

You'll get professionally printed cards for near enough to that, minus the design of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Thumbprint

There are quite a few people saying VistaPrint are the way to go.

But there are quite a few problems also. A quick Google search will show that.

I am the owner of a Print and Design company, Thumbprint Designs.
    We offer a professional service and quality at rates that beat the likes of SNAP and Printing.ie

Now, you may be saying... This git is just here to advertise, but your wrong.
    even if you do not use Me or request a quotation from me.

Why not shop around IRISH companies.

With the current economic climate. would it not make sense to keep the work in Ireland and help out the smaller companies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

Thumbprint wrote: »

We offer a professional service and quality at rates that beat the likes of SNAP and Printing.ie

With the current economic climate. would it not make sense to keep the work in Ireland and help out the smaller companies?

if you want vistaprints business are you prepared to beat their prices ?

basically thats all that counts in a climate like this

this is a thread titled "cheapest possible business cards"

Irish Counts for nothing if your overcharging

your business is not a charity for us to support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Thumbprint wrote: »

Because they are a rip off...

If you can match or beat their prices I will go with the irish companies, but they don't. I don't know how other companies can afford to make the same cards AND ship them. (Cheaper over heads possibly).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Thumbprint

There are so many people that make statements on what makes a good business card. but in actual fact its pretty simple. You want your business card to catch the eye of your potential customer and stand out from the rest they may have.

This can be achieved by paying attention to a few details:
    Good Professional Design,
    Crisp and Clear Print
    Printed on a Good Card
    and a Clean Finish

One of the most important and noticeable things with Vista Print is the compromise they make with their quality in print and paper in order to keep their prices down.

But, in actual fact, there is not that much difference in their final price and that of companies that offer a higher quality and a more personal service.

Below I have given a price comparison between Vista and Thumbprint.
    I have used their site for a quotation as it will take up to 48 hours to get a quote via email.

An example is this:
    Order: 250 Business Cards. Printed Full Colour on Both Sides, Gloss Laminate Finish. File Supplied by the customer. Fastest Turnaround Possible

VistaPrint.- 250 Premium Business Cards
    Max Print Size: 49 x 87mm
    Paper: 265gsm
    Artwork Handling: Chargable
    Artwork Check: None
    Proofing: Pdf - Chargable
    Printing Method: Digital Laser Printer
    Sides: 1, (extra for reverse print)
    Finishing: Laminate not specified on website quotation
    Delivery: 3 - 21 working days
    Price:€44.97 ex vat
    Delivery: €25.39

Thumbprint Designs.- 250 Budget Business Cards
    Max Print Size: 55 x 95mm
    Paper: 350gsm
    Artwork Handling: No Charge
    Artwork Check: Free (customer is contacted if there is a problem)
    Proofing: Pdf, No Charge
    Printing Method: Lithographic with Stochastic dot placement
    Sides: 1 or 2 no price difference
    Finishing: Choice of Matt or Gloss Laminate (no price difference)
    Delivery: 4-7 working days within Ireland
    Price: €70.00 ex vat
    Delivery: €10

All you have to do is compare what Thumbprint Offers to that of Vista.
    Better Quality, Better Print, Better Card all for approx €10 more.
    And there are many more companies that could wipe the floor with my pricing.
    Its just a matter of looking around.

Sometimes the cheapest is not necessarily the best option

Advertisement