Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Metal back in Kilkenny

• 11-11-2008 12:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭

Been in contact with Kilkenny Metal Promotions recently. These guys really are great. They are always on the look out for new Metal acts in the country. Kilkenny is a hub for Metal here in Ireland. They have organised a gig for Slave Zero, along with Coldwar and Atrax Mantis on Nov 28th at Cleeres in Kilkenny. I really like the sound of these bands and considering Slave Zero are from Ireland, I just have to get down for the weekend and see them live.

This is their official website and you can listen to one of their tracks.

http://www.slavezero.net/

Anybody interested in supporting Irish bands should try and get down and see them perform.

Kilkenny Metal Promotions can be found at the following address:

http://www.bebo.com/KilkennyMetal

Also the following night in The Zoo in Kilkenny there will be a lot of great bands performing there.

DISGORGE (MEXICO)
    CEREBAL BORE (SCOTLAND)
    SARCOSIS (DUBLIN)
    CRUCIFRACTURE (KILKENNY)

Admission for both gigs is €8. Promises to be brilliant. Up until recently The Zoo had turned into a joke with Dance/Trance music taking over driving away the Metal fans. Let's bring it back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

DenMan wrote: »
    Been in contact with Kilkenny Metal Promotions recently. These guys really are great. They are always on the look out for new Metal acts in the country. Kilkenny is a hub for Metal here in Ireland. They have organised a gig for Slave Zero, along with Coldwar and Atrax Mantis on Nov 28th at Cleeres in Kilkenny. I really like the sound of these bands and considering Slave Zero are from Ireland, I just have to get down for the weekend and see them live.

This is their official website and you can listen to one of their tracks.

http://www.slavezero.net/

Anybody interested in supporting Irish bands should try and get down and see them perform.

Kilkenny Metal Productions can be found at the following address:

http://www.bebo.com/KilkennyMetal

Also the following night in The Zoo in Kilkenny there will be a lot of great bands performing there.

DISGORGE (MEXICO)
    CEREBAL BORE (SCOTLAND)
    SARCOSIS (DUBLIN)
    CRUCIFRACTURE (KILKENNY)

Admission for both gigs is €8. Promises to be brilliant. Up until recently The Zoo had turned into a joke with Dance/Trance music taking over driving away the Metal fans. Let's bring it back.

Yeah i have a copy of defiant stand kicking about somewhere, ill have to dig it out and give it a list over chrimbo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm fairly sure I saw SlaveZero before, not too bad as far as I can remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'm fairly sure I saw SlaveZero before, not too bad as far as I can remember

I really like them. That's the kind of exposure they need. SlaveZero do sound very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Saw Slave Zero play a couple of times...very Hatebreed-y...which isn't a bad thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Great news, Denman. The recession bites hard on Euro Techno at the Zoo. A moments silence.......:).

• Advertisement

djScarey wrote: »
    Great news, Denman. The recession bites hard on Euro Techno at the Zoo. A moments silence.......:).

No problem DJ

Take it I'll be seeing you down there. :)

Great to see a local band (CRUCIFRACTURE) booked in to perform. Should be a brilliant weekend.

Crucifracture, yes!! But Slave Zero are a Kilkenny/Dublin outfit too. A homecoming of sorts. Sadly won't be home until late December. Any chance of a Kerbdog repeat this year???

djScarey wrote: »
    Crucifracture, yes!! But Slave Zero are a Kilkenny/Dublin outfit too. A homecoming of sorts. Sadly won't be home until late December. Any chance of a Kerbdog repeat this year???

There will be plenty of other times I am sure. :)

Regarding Kerbdog. Never heard of them until you mentioned them there. :o Been writing since 1991 and musically active since 1993. 2FM DJ, Cormac Battle, a former member.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Saw Slave Zero play a couple of times...very Hatebreed-y...which isn't a bad thing!

They supported Hatebreed about a year and a half ago. Theyre a hard workin band, one of the guitarists is on boards now and then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

any kind of a metal scene in waterford?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Kinda. This guy organizes a lot of gigs for Fletchers in Waterford. Has a few gigs up on his page.

http://www.myspace.com/irishmetalpromotions

Due to unavoidable work commitments I couldn't make it down to the metal night. Did anybody go?, and if so was it good? I hope so. So pi$$ed about that.

Just love the new Slave Zero mp3 online-"Engineering opportunities to "ordain." Hope the Leinster Final won't dismantle the band.:rolleyes:

http://www.myspace.com/slavezerometal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Been in contact with Kilkenny Metal Promotions recently. These guys really are great. They are always on the look out for new Metal acts in the country. Kilkenny is a hub for Metal here in Ireland.

Really is a great spot for metal/grunge. Very open minded compared to the rest of the country regarding loud music. one thing i def miss about living down there.

What about right now?

Is there anything happening regarding metal? Be great as it is the summer season.

Have to get down soon.

Slave Zero at Cleeres 5th Sept. Sadly will miss this, but will catch them in Whelans, Dublin for the album launch on 20th August. Sounding good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

What about right now?

Is there anything happening regarding metal? Be great as it is the summer season.

Have to get down soon.

The Lowend Festival is in Waterford next month, not too far from Kilkenny I suppose...

http://www.myspace.com/lowendfestival

Advertisement