Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency - Pizza and Garlic Dipping Suace

• 11-11-2008 2:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Okay this is an emergency, serious home sickness attack brought on from the decision to stay here longer yet again and fact its coming to xmas....

Heres what wud make my day, a pizza resteraunt that has garlic dipping suace like home, i love garlic dipping suace so much, but feck it, i have tried everywhere nearest thing i can find here is raunch suace which is no good.

Has anyone recipie/instructions on how to make my own, my local pizza resteraunt makes excellent garlic dipping suace but doubt anyone here will know how so something similiar to dominos or fourstars suace is fine....

hurry im hungary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Ya might get a better answer in the Food & Drink forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Moved from aus/nz forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'd say half mayo & half yoghurt (or creme fraiche) with grated garlic clove. Leave for an hour or so to let the flavour develop. Should be similar enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

oooow that sounds good....
    garlic clove, does it already have the flavour or do it need to boil it to bring out the flavor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Already has the flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

...just did some googling - it's an oil-based garlic mayonnaise basically:
    Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Beta Carotene, Natural Garlic Flavor, Artificial Flavor. Contains Soy

Go to the store and buy a tube of garlic paste - you'll usually find it in the veg section. It's a pulped garlic mix designed to let people use raw garlic without having to chop it themselves.

As an experimental start, add one teaspoon of that garlic paste to two tablespoons of Hellman's mayonnaise. Add a teaspoon of white sugar and two teaspoons of oil, like sunflower oil. Stir around and leave to sit for an hour or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

neon_glows wrote: »
    garlic clove, does it already have the flavour or do it need to boil it to bring out the flavor

Sorry, but... Oh My God...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rappp attackkk

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Sorry, but... Oh My God...
    :D:D:D:D

just get some good olive oil, a few cloves of garlic and some parsley. if its too oily for you, add some mayo:)

Advertisement