Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Connection Gone. Help needed Desperately !

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭EireEV

Just tried what you asked me to do below and found live ip 192.168.0.10 (this was with Netgear router attached)

see screenshot:

Hope this helps.

Where next :-)

EireEV

Are you about MC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Sorry, working on putting new roof on house so not checking here often...

That IP is your computer, did you try the same scan but changing the subnet as I suggested above? eg 192.168.1.10 for the PC and search the range 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254

Other than that I'm afraid without actually getting my hands on the modem/router I would have to say the it looks like its borked...... DEAD!

I assume you are doing all these tests with an Ethernet cable and not wireless?

Where abouts are you based?

MC

PS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

FYI An IP starting 169.254.x.x is a link-local address see section on Wiki above relating to the use of these and why they are used.

Thanks.

No I didn't do that - will try tomorrow when I'm back at home.

What is the whole point of this exercise anyhow - if I do find an ip address within the range below what next? What is this telling me?

I might just have to go out and buy another router as don't have the time to let this drag on - I just can't believe the router is broken, I only have it 8 months and it's rarely been moved from it's current position - paid €100 for it also.

Netgear = pure s*ite !! why can't I access the router's settings page??

I'm based in Mornington, Co.Meath.

EireEV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Because if you find another live IP in the same subnet as you and your computer is the only one connected then you have found the IP of the router, best to shelve it (the Netgear) or you can send it to me if you are feeling generous??? :)

Just saw after reading again that this is only 8 months old, why not bring it back to where you bought it, even if you don't have the receipt if you paid using a card they can trace back the transaction, just look in your bank statement / visa bills for the transaction code (you might have to contact the bank if it was laser)

MC

Or you can send it to me... LOL

• Advertisement
Advertisement