Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling in Bathroom

Options
  • 11-11-2008 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

I need some tiling done in my bathroom. Approx 1.4m2 on the floor and 7.4m2 on the walls. (it's a small bathroom!) Can anyone recommend a tiler or give me a rough idea how much I should expect to pay?

Also I currently have a problem with water from the shower getting on the floor as there is a gap between the bottom of my shower curtain and the shower tray. Would a tiler/handyperson be able to install a lip on the shower tray to get rid of this problem or what would you recommend?

Thanks!:)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Try www.adverts.ie and put up your requirement for a tradesman.

Get a longer curtain or lower the pole which is hangs on, putting a lip on a shower tray is not a good idea and probably be a safety hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Tip - tile bathroom then fill bath with water before mastic sealing around bath. Empty bath after installing mastic - good tight seal!

Also advise mastic seal to all tiled corners - colour to match grout.

Forget about a "lip" on the tray, might cause more hassle than it solves.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 pogmotoe

angrylegs wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I need some tiling done in my bathroom. Approx 1.4m2 on the floor and 7.4m2 on the walls. (it's a small bathroom!) Can anyone recommend a tiler or give me a rough idea how much I should expect to pay?

Also I currently have a problem with water from the shower getting on the floor as there is a gap between the bottom of my shower curtain and the shower tray. Would a tiler/handyperson be able to install a lip on the shower tray to get rid of this problem or what would you recommend?

Thanks!:)
    where u from angry as the rate differs nationwide

• Registered Users Posts: 4 angrylegs

Thanks for the replies guys!

I am based in Dublin 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 pogmotoe

angrylegs wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys!

I am based in Dublin 8.
    u will be lookin at $25 per sq m .on the shower curtain prob its always gonna leak u need to get a fixed shower door to eliminate leaks like this .curtains never a solution .am a tiler in donegal so dont know anyone in dub sry .

• Advertisement
Advertisement