Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"Buyer Beware"

Options
  • 11-11-2008 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭

RTE should cover this topic on their new Thursday evening programme "Buyer Beware".

Browsing carzone recently I came across a 2004 A4 at crazy money so I dropped an e-mail to the seller. The car was a 1.6 Petrol with only 35k on the clock, asking price was €4500 :eek:

Here's the reply:
    NCT 08/2010, Airbags, Alloys, CD / Radio, Colour Coded Bumpers, Electric Mirrors, Electric Windows, Full Service History, Lady Owner, Metallic Paint, Power Steering, Remote Central Locking, Traction Control, , 1 owner(s)

Excellent Condition, the car was kept in a garage , it has Audi service book,the tires have been changed recently, and doesn't need repairings.It has no engine problem, no scratches.
    Registered in Ireland .The car is at the moment in Liverpool, UK.
    I live in the USA, I bought the car for my brother who lived in Ireland and then moved to UK. Unfortunately he died recently and I cannot take the car with me.
    You do not have to pay any taxes for this car. It is very easy to register it to your name .
    I have all the documents ready for sale. The car documents are on my name, so it is very simple.
    As payment I only accept cash and we will have to meet in Liverpool for the sale.

Thank you and I hope you will decide to buy my car.
    Here are some photos.

Regards,Sonya

She even sent me a scan of the VLC !!

Again at the wekend I spotted an Audi, this time an A6, here it is :

http://www.carzone.ie/es-ie/search/Audi/A6/2.4L-(ne/200842190520480/advert

E-mailed the seller and here's the response:
    Hello,
    First of all I would like to thank you for your enquiry and apologise for the late reply.
    My car is in mint condition, accident free, clear title, full service history available, 85% tread left on the tires, always garaged, never smoked in, not even a mark, dent or scratch on the paintwork, no flaws or any kind of damage.
    For a fast sale, my asking price is € 6200 EUR. I sell it so cheap, because you will have to travel to Liverpool, UK to take it. I am working in the army, presently my rank is LT and i had a mission in Liverpool. After i ended that mission, i had to get directly to Iraq, so i left the car in Liverpool. I must sell it because the mission takes 1 year and it will be an old car when i return, so better sell it now and i will buy another one at that time.
    I hope you understand that you wont make a trip for nothing to Liverpool, because you will really love the car. We will meet as soon as you can come and everything will be done in one day, because i also have to return to Iraq fast.
    I wait for your email soon and i hope that you agree with my terms and you will get this great, mint condition vehicle.
    Thanks a lot,
    John

The e-mail address would suggest the sender was of Eastern European nationality.

DODGY stuff or what ???? Both pick up in Liverpool, coincidence ??

Beware folks.

Comments

Advertisement