Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this be a good buy for a girlfriend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I only buy Nokia so wouldn't be able to give you any advice other that it's a bit of an ugly looking yoke and flips have a tendency to break around the hinges.

Why not an Ipod nano if she doesn't have one- same price but much more kudos.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It's a distinctly average phone with a swirl on the cover, from what I can see.

If she's very much the type that likes form over function, then maybe she'd like it. But personally unless she has verbally expressed an interest in it I wouldn't go there - she'll no doubt see some other handset in the Christmas marketing push she wants instead!

From the auction:

"The Samsung Noire it is chic and elegant and is primarily aimed at the female market with applications such as shopping-list and calories consumptions."

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

carphonewarehouse are selling them for 99 yoyos! the look nice and girly:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well have ye got any other thoughts, i got that form a google search for "womens phones" so I didnt really search it well. i already got her a ipod for her birthday so no point gettin another one. the only thing i was told was not a sony ericson! somthing bout 150 but 200 at the absolute most. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

99e on meteor in CPW

she's on o2 but if i can id prefer to get and unlocked one, incase she changes

buy it from CPW, then get it unlocked, should only cost around a tenner so you save a good bit.....

is it any good though, dont want to get her a ****e phone that just **** up on her in a few months

hmmm..well i got my GF a hello kitty phone from ebay , the phone i think is unbelievable :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

I bought my gf that u600( I think) slider phone a while back. It looked very good and had a good spec. She hates it now though and I can't bare using it. It has the most unfriendly UI I have ever seen and the touch buttons are far too easy to accidentally press. I would never buy Samsung again.

Nokia, SE or Apple really.. The UI is the most important feature of the phone which is frequently overlooked!

If I was buying my gf a new phone I would get her this one ( https://vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=100163&offerSelected=prepaynew&action=view ) SE K770 Pink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Apologies in advance for a reply that is totally in contrast to the topic of this forum.

My advice: don't buy her a phone at all. Gadgets are good presents for guys, not for girls. You seem to be into gadgets, so I think she should be buying you gadgets, not the other way around. Find something else, something that she's really interested it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

blaz wrote: »
    Apologies in advance for a reply that is totally in contrast to the topic of this forum.

My advice: don't buy her a phone at all. Gadgets are good presents for guys, not for girls. You seem to be into gadgets, so I think she should be buying you gadgets, not the other way around. Find something else, something that she's really interested it.

agree, get her something usefull like one of these..

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/lifestyle-home/beer-machine/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

drunkmonkey, now we finally know where your nickname comes from. (First and last offtopic post).

blaz wrote: »

Disagree, phones are great presents, but only if they're really nice phones, like a touchscreen or something, not something she'd buy herself. If you buy her a phone on o2 she can register it online and then get the unlock code for free - also online - but O2 seem to have a very limited amount of nice phones, if you decide to buy an O2 phone, do it online, much cheaper.

Check out pixmania.ie my husband bought me the prada phone on there last year and saved a packet.

agree, get her something usefull like one of these..

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/lifestyle-home/beer-machine/index.html

haha that looks good, i mite get one myself, ah no she asked me for a enw phone so i gota get her one.

my sister got that slider phone too and its a rubbish, i was trying to ring someone and i hit the call button so many times, really badly designed. id get her kui900 (the pink sony one) but she doest liek sony ericson : (

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

When I look at that phone, I realise straight away that it's made to look pretty and make girls, that know very little at phones, want one. Phones can make great presents but picking the right one for a girlfriend is tricky. If ya want to buy her a phone then the best thing to do is actually take her to the Carphone Warehouse or a Vodafone/O2/Meteor shop and let her choose.

Nope she's not at all

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_z320-2006.php

that's the phone she has now, so somthing better than that anyway. I had a tocco ready and all to give her but she wouldnt take it because she was afriad she'd break it : S so i said id get her somthing that is easly replaceable and somthing she wont feel too bad about if she breaks it...which is likely! :D

does she like hello kitty? :P

• Advertisement

i dont think she's heard of it hahaha

hmmm.....http://cgi.ebay.ie/MOBILE-PHONE-DUAL-SIM-Touchscreen-Multimedia-Lights_W0QQitemZ190240255117QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190240255117&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4|65:3|39:1|240:1318

looks unreal, personally i think you're better off getting a phone not available on a network, because that way the price and all that jazz is easily found out;)

EDIT: and there's the novelty factor of a touchscreen phone and buttons, the fact no1 else will have her phone :) and flashing lights :P

ah yeah that is pretty nice alright, do you have one of them? got a link to that hello kitty phone? caus all girls like cartoon cats and s**t dont they :P

actually yup:P got a hello kitty one last week, the gf has it now:P
    they don't have any more on ebay, but there's a website,
    www.yaahee.com

Yeah i think so, she got a bad one a while ago and just doesnt like the interface i think , i dnt rly know, pitty caus there are some really good SE's out there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 monkey99

i have this phone an i love it! just got it a while ago and its grand, only problem is the front designy thing flashes constantly (even in silent) and that messages dont save to sent items.. but its a lovely cute little phone id say she'l love it :)

go into settings and you can turn the lights off :)
    the "racelights" are unreal aren't they???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Craig-S

the noire is only 99 in carphonewarehous :rolleyes: you'd be saving time and nearly €40 and you'll have a waranty.

• Advertisement

lol, it doesn't have racelights and a touchscreen does it???:P:P:P:P

Advertisement