Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult Irish Dancing

• 11-11-2008 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Anyone know where i can get irish dance classes for adults ..not set dancing !!!

I checked a number of years ago but no one did adults ...
    I did dancing for number of years and really want to get back into it
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I would check out Cois na hAbhnana (sp.), it's out the Gort Road, next to the Gaelscoil (before the industrial estate), I would imagine they would have something there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Here ya go, there's a phone number on there

http://www.coisnahabhna.ie/lessons.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

It was on in Woodstock a couple of years ago but that place is closed now. It's in the Clare Inn now.
    http://www.shallwedance.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

I think Mairead Hasty in Shannon does Irish Dancing for adults. Would Shannon be a suitable location for you to commute to? If it is I could pm you her number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Did anyone else think this was a thread about naked Irish dancing?

Could be interesting!

• Advertisement

m83 wrote: »
    Did anyone else think this was a thread about naked Irish dancing?

Could be interesting!

Lord of the Dance becomes Lord of the Rings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Does anybody remember The Green Grove having a strip club operating out of it like 6 or 7 years ago? There were loads of very attractive girls handing out flyers in most of the pubs around town on a saturday night.

I never bothered going because the taxi fare out there would have exausted my budget, nevermind the strippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

No I missed that. boo...

I don't think it was a strip club, I think they ran a rave out there on Saturday nights, that's a long time ago now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mccolemark

I just noticed your message there re: adult irish dance classes.
    As it happens I operate adult Irish dance classes in Galway, Athlone & Castlebar.

Full details are available on www.mysticforce.ie

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 caz1301

Thanks all I started in CoisNaHabna last night !!Only thing now is having to trade dancesteps conversations with my mother who does it with Mystic force in Galway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It isn't called Mystic Force is it? Sounds like a troupe of celtic superheroes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 joanne morrisse

social dancing dave rea. do ye know where i might find this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 joanne morrisse

Social Dancing Dave Rea www.daverea.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

caz1301 wrote: »
    Thanks all I started in CoisNaHabna last night !!Only thing now is having to trade dancesteps conversations with my mother who does it with Mystic force in Galway....

Are you still going to the lessons at Cois Na habna? what are they like? Is it all adults or mixed lessons? It is for absolute beginners (i'm not orginally from Ireland, so have never done any Irish dancing!) How fit do you think you'd need to be start? Sorry for all the questions, but I think this could be fun thing to do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rkelleher

Hey,

Does anyone know of any irish music and dance shows available in dublin. We are planing a weekend there this summer. I found this one http://www.irishdanceparty.com which I think is based in temple bar however we are staying on the south side of the city and would prefer somewhere out of the city centre.

We have a group of 15 people so we need a big venue and we want it to be interactive too.

Ronan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Johnny Foxes might suit you.

http://www.jfp.ie/hooley_show.htm

Advertisement