Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left4Dead Demo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 November One

Yes the game has absolutely zero depth story wise, but the trick is to look at it more like counter strike with zombies. It's gonna be a short game with few maps, but imagine how much de_dust has been played over the past few years? And with the Director AI it's gonna be different every time. Unless you have Live or enjoy playing with bots (which are suprisingly good imo), there mightn't be much point in getting the game, otherwise I reckon this is gonna be the next step in team games and really don't wanna miss out on it.
    Mind you I said the same thing about Shadowrun and look at how great that turned out to be ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yes the game has absolutely zero depth story wise, but the trick is to look at it more like counter strike with zombies. It's gonna be a short game with few maps, but imagine how much de_dust has been played over the past few years? And with the Director AI it's gonna be different every time. Unless you have Live or enjoy playing with bots (which are suprisingly good imo), there mightn't be much point in getting the game, otherwise I reckon this is gonna be the next step in team games and really don't wanna miss out on it.
    Mind you I said the same thing about Shadowrun and look at how great that turned out to be ^^

Then quit jinxing it you jinxing jinx! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Anyone picked this up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Bought it for PC via Steam. Will pick it up on XBOX but its not out util Friday on XBOX afaik ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I have the full game on 360. Haven't played it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Eurogamer give it a glorious review today. Wasn't interested in it until I read this
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=308326

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I noticed since the update the demo is not there!

Tried gettin my friend to download it earlier and it wasnt there!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Fieldog wrote: »
    I noticed since the update the demo is not there!

Demo was only valid until game was released. Strange was to do things but thats what they've done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played the demo and really enjoyed it so thinking of picking up the full thing tomorrow. Would buy the PC version but my computer ain't great for gaming so Xbox it is.

Fieldog wrote: »

Went to get it yesterday evening myself and noticed it was taken down. Gits.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Played the demo and really enjoyed it so thinking of picking up the full thing tomorrow. Would buy the PC version but my computer ain't great for gaming so Xbox it is.

I've a rubbish PC and it runs Left 4 Dead brilliantly. If it can run Half Life 2 Lost Coast comfortably it should run left 4 dead nicely. It's much better game on the PC imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If it can run Half Life 2 Lost Coast comfortably it should run left 4 dead nicely.

Lost Coast runs with all the speed of a particularly insomnia curing Powerpoint exhibition I'm afraid. Everytime I use the Source engine I tend to get crashes, and even though the specs are alright PC gaming just gives me headaches with a crappy monitor and so on. And just bought a MacBook, so no upgrading for a while :(.

But the Orange Box ran great on the 360. I know it isn't the ideal way to play the game, but I don't really mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

And just bought a MacBook, so no upgrading for a while :(.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8dHOR9qjjo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Just picked up the full version, my gamer tag is Felix Buckman if anyone else is playing, I've added a few of ye from this thread already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Just picked up the full version, my gamer tag is Felix Buckman if anyone else is playing, I've added a few of ye from this thread already.

Yea ill have a game later if 3 of my friends didn't get it, I think only 1 got it so far maybe 2 :pac:

It doesn't seem to popular.. damn gears

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Going to leave this until it's a bit cheaper. I don't play online that much because I need to get a new phone connection for the room the Xbox is in, and the WiFi adapter isn't great for lag, and as ye know, it's a bit pointless with bots.

Anyone up for a game of the full version on maybe Sunday night (don't know when else I'll have a chance to get on over the weekend)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm dying to get this game and have a good bash through of it. It's not likely to happen for a few months though. Have a few friends I'm trying to convince to pick it up so we call all play through it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Anyone up for a game of the full version on maybe Sunday night (don't know when else I'll have a chance to get on over the weekend)?

I'll be on tonight - ST1GGIE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Thinking of getting this, Pc meets most of the recommended requirements. Have Duel Core Duo 2.0GHZ which is letting me down apparently as it recommends 2.4GHZ.

Will this run okay do you think if I meet the rest of the recommended requirements?

Its also a little expensive since the game is $50 which is a lot for a Pc game that is basically just an online game. Is it worth it?

Only asking because I can't see the demo available anymore (had hit my ISP cap when it was out :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

How much was this in the usual suspect shops guys? Thinking about picking it up this week, gonna trade in games in Xtravision towards it maybe. But if its cheap enough somewhere I might just pick it up

Moiph wrote: »
    How much was this in the usual suspect shops guys? Thinking about picking it up this week, gonna trade in games in Xtravision towards it maybe. But if its cheap enough somewhere I might just pick it up

I paid 60 in xtravision. Seriously good game. Get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lardossan

Moiph wrote: »

45 euro delivered from a UK ebay shop.

Got it yesterday and had some seriously good fun yesterday on it. Single player is not bad at all, the bots are quite intelligent and are strangely helpdful.
    But online is great craic, particularly when playing as the infected. You usually get your ass kicked as the infected but when you work as a team it comes into its own. We decided to pick off the stragglers and most injured one by one so a smoker would pull some back, a hunter jump them and the pukey guy would wait for help to come and ambush them. There's nothing funnier than getting 3 people with the vommit and see hundreds of infected come out of nowhere to strip them to pieces.

Anybody else have connection problems playing versus? co-op works fine but I have only finish one of about 20 games of versus it just keeps booting me!

dazftw wrote: »
    Anybody else have connection problems playing versus? co-op works fine but I have only finish one of about 20 games of versus it just keeps booting me!

Probably the host booting you.

ROC1977 wrote: »
    Probably the host booting you.

It litreally happens within a few mins joining a game. I doubt every single host is booting me.

how are your NAT settings? Did you install the update, not NXE but game update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Is it selling out everywhere? I was trying to get it in Blanch and they were sold out in Xtravision, Smyths and Zavvi. They had one in Game for €59.99 :p or one in HMV for €47.69 including 10% student discount :D So I got the last one in HMV.

• Advertisement

Is it selling out everywhere? I was trying to get it in Blanch and they were sold out in Xtravision, Smyths and Zavvi. They had one in Game for €59.99 :p or one in HMV for €47.69 including 10% student discount :D So I got the last one in HMV.

Say it is more an issue of too many big releases. Can only imagine they'll have gotten more copies of Lips, Call of Duty etc.. than a new franchise. After all, Valve games will be lapped up by gamers but will be less recognisable to more casual buyers. With all the new games at the moment, shops are probably getting more stock in of the bigger names. Friday in town though didn't seem to be any stock issues, haven't checked since though.

Advertisement