Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left4Dead Demo

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was gonna check out the demo for this on Live.. but can't see it on my Live.

Has it been taken down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

It was only up till the game got released AFAIK

Bah..! :(

Happy now Mr Microsoft Xbox 360? Would have considered buying it having played the demo... but I'm gonna take my €60 and spend it on something worthwhile like 30 Double Cheeseburgers from McDonalds? You'll pay for this.. and by this, I mean for my double triple bilateral numerical bypass!

** shakes fist in disgust **

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

basquille wrote: »

Happy now Mr Microsoft Xbox 360? Would have considered buying it having played the demo... but I'm gonna take my €60 and spend it on something worthwhile like 30 Double Cheeseburgers from McDonalds? You'll pay for this.. and by this, I mean for my double triple bilateral numerical bypass!

Hehe, though you might want to direct that at valve, they intentionally did that, as the demo required servers to get the full experience, hence it was only available for about a week before it was taken offline on both LIVE and Steam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Rent it? One night only I can nearly guarantee you will like it and go buy it the next day.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

dazftw wrote: »
    Rent it? One night only I can nearly guarantee you will like it and go buy it the next day.
    Yeah, might give it a rent from GameSenders alright.

Though a lot of people on here convinced me I would like Dead Rising.. and I didn't. It was utter crap.. bought it and played in maybe twice. The clunky controls is what lets it down most.

Will give L4D a go so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Nothing like dead rising.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Though a lot of people on here convinced me I would like Dead Rising.. and I didn't. It was utter crap.. bought it and played in maybe twice. The clunky controls is what lets it down most.

Oh yeah Dead Rising is a piece of **** with the worst and most counter-intuitive save system that has ever existed. Left 4 Dead is the ultimate zombie game: it captures the sheer panic of being overwhelmed by the undead perfectly, and is the best co-op game I have ever played. Worth a try at the very least, but it is a pretty safe purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It's an fps, made by valve, using the source engine, it's co-op, and it involves zombies............................

BUY IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yeah, might give it a rent from GameSenders alright.

Will give L4D a go so.

Yeah the control scheme in this will be a thousand times better than in Dead Rising.

If you could play any of the Orange Box games then this is for you and if you don't own the Orange Box, I will have to kill you for improper use of a console/Pc.

• Advertisement

brim4brim wrote: »
    if you don't own the Orange Box, I will have to kill you for improper use of a console/Pc.

haha your right to!

I dont think many people bought this.. 2 of my friends bought it, I have about 10 close friends that have bought nearly every game coming out but they all didnt like this one.. Im trying to figure out why? Anywhere to check sales or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I gave in and got it. Going to finish it offline before I hop online. Really enjoying it so far, even with the bots. Nothing says fear like 'Zoey has disturbed the Witch'.

If 2 lads wanna join me and a friend were going to attempt a campaign on expert :D feel free to add me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Yeah, we're starting at around 9.

Add us:
    daz0rz
    lamposts

;););)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'll add those two Gamertags when it arrives through my letterbox! I think I read a really contradictory comment earlier on about it:
    the zombie AI is brilliant!

What is that supposed to mean??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

AdMMM wrote: »
    What is that supposed to mean??

They swarm you... and they swarm you goooooood!

You'll never play the same way twice, so you can't just "learn" off where the boss zombies are.

Loving that pant wetting terror when I hear that goddamn witch having a good cry for herself.

You'll never play the same way twice, so you can't just "learn" off where the boss zombies are.

Yeah you wont, we were playing last night and the tank kept coming about half way down the level or near the end. One time he killed us all and we spawned back. He was right outside the safe room the second we got out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

it was programmed that way so it won't get boring. I think the software/AI is called Director or something along those lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've added anyone who's posted in this thread and has L4D in their last played list. If I missed anyone, add me; AdMMM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Anyone got any tips for Versus mode? I was playing this last night for a while but kept getting blasted. Whats the yellow vertical strips for on the side of buildings when playing as a hunter (I guess you can climb them)? How do you do the crouch and spring attack?

Great game BTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips for Versus mode? I was playing this last night for a while but kept getting blasted. Whats the yellow vertical strips for on the side of buildings when playing as a hunter (I guess you can climb them)? How do you do the crouch and spring attack?

Great game BTW.

Press the crouch button. Then press spring, wait for a moment til you have fully sprung, then attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

I'm game for a game, add me too:

Emptytime

Advertisement