Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash-in-transit van raided in Leixlip

Options
  • 11-11-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

taken from breakingnews.ie this morning.
    11/11/2008 - 12:06:38
    There has been an armed raid on a cash-in-transit van in Co Kildare.

It happened at Supervalu in Leixlip this morning.

There are unconfirmed reports that a number of shots were fired.

Gardaí are at the scene and it is not clear if anyone was injured.

Bit shockin really. Never have any hassle like this in Leixlip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Leixlip is a handy spot, its close to Dublin and a fairly quiet area during the working day.

That's why Bank of Ireland on the main street was robbed something like five times.. I don't think any shots have been fired before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Whats worse is that the armed raiders ran through the local school yard during lunch time when the kids were out. Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Any more info on this Stev-o?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The hill has always been a dangerous place. I am surprised though, it's usually Coolock and such places you hear of this happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

The hill has always been a dangerous place. I am surprised though, it's usually Coolock and such places you hear of this happening.

Are you joking there? About the hill being a "dangerous" place?

These things happening aren't confined to rough areas, or lower class areas. Leixlip is close to Dublin (where alot of these gangs operate), its easy to get in and out of (backroads, main roads, motorway etc) and its very quiet for traffic during work hours.

That's what makes a good place to stage one of these heists.. not because its coolock, or ballymun or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Varkov wrote: »
    Any more info on this Stev-o?

Word is that it was a gang from Limerick (but you can never know) ran down by the Rye Vale nursing home over the bridge and into a getaway car.

Its extremely unlikely that they ll be found though im afraid i think only Supervalue caught them on CCTV as far as im aware.

Advertisement