Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else see Vincent Hogan's comments about the AB's?

• 11-11-2008 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭

I saw that the press in NZ has picked up on Vincent Hogan's attack on the New Zealand team. They seem less than pleased.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I lol'ed at some of the responses from the NZ press. This one in particular:

http://www.rugbyheaven.co.nz/4757246a22363.html

Some of the comments on the article are also great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

They certainly don't take it well, do they?

Of all the teams in the world, I find New Zealand the ones easiest to rile.

I wonder will the Irish team contemplate turning their backs on the Haka or something like that to píss them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Or just leave Sexton or Fitzgerald there to watch while the rest of the team continue to warm up...

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

I agree with most of Hogan's comments.

However there is no point turning your back on the haka.

The forwards and backs should do drills and ignore it

I agree with most of Hogan's comments.

However there is no point turning your back on the haka.

The forwards and backs should do drills and ignore it

Yeah I know. Most people would agree. Even if it's not the friendliest of articles.

• Advertisement

haha...yeah Otacon, they should just send someone over there kind of half heartedly to watch it. Imagine all the lads in a huddle and Paul O'Connell turns to Isaac Boss (waterboy)

POC: Hey, go down there and watch that Haka thing will ye, we're busy.
    Isaac Boss: Sh*t, why me??
    POC: Look, because you're usless at everything else, now do it ye little...
    Isaac Boss: Okay, okay i'm going...*mutters under breath*

*Boss walks sulkingly over to the halfway line and stands looking at the All Blacks with his arms crossed*

All Blacks: ughgghhghghh. ugngn coommmettaaai commennntauuuu argghuuuuu arrghuuuu!!! ugggn commetattuuiio commennntitty arrghuuuuu argguhhuu

*Boss looks at watch and then looks away to the sidelines*

POC: Hey lads.....look at this! haha
    ROG: What a langer

All Blacks: ahahahgghh weeepppiiii, agghhhhh weeeepiiii! Ahhhh wee pee pee, wee pee pee, wee pee pee, POO!! *jump in the air*

Boss: *nods head" *sighs* Great, thanks fellas. *Turns back to Irish lads. They are pishing themselves*

Probably only a 50% chance of that happening unfortunately. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

All Blacks: ughgghhghghh. ugngn coommmettaaai commennntauuuu argghuuuuu arrghuuuu!!! ugggn commetattuuiio commennntitty arrghuuuuu argguhhuu

Haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Seemed a bit of a dig by hogan at the haka etc, I'm surprised he didn't mentiion the commercialization of the whole thing, I reckon the irish team should send up stringer dressed in leperchaun uniform and try head butt them.

Or just get some of the Riverdance troupe on the pitch for our "response"......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

I just love the NZ presss.
    They dominate the Tri-Nations and have little to fear away from Twickenham when they travel to Ireland and Britain.
    I'd say they have plenty to fear from us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

I saw that the press in NZ has picked up on Vincent Hogan's attack on the New Zealand team. They seem less than pleased.
    Oh never mind them.
    It was an obvious return of fire by Hogan to the salvo of utter poop the hacks in Noo Zulland get to splash all over the sports pages whenever anyone has the absolute nerve of even considering playing against the All Blacks.
    Who gives a stuff what a f***ing journo thinks anyway?

They dominate the Tri-Nations and have little to fear away from Twickenham when they travel to Ireland and Britain.

Yeah, I think that was a way for the journo to try and get up our skin. Kind of a roundabout way of saying that England are a better team than Ireland, hoping it would annoy the Irish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

What a muppet Hogan is. And the rugby heaven guy is no better. Bloody journalists thinking they are the main story instead of merely the raconteurs of somebody else's.

Serenity is right. Who gives a stuff what a ****ing journalist thinks anyway?

Vincent Hogan is an anagram of One Chav git. (give or take the odd n)

What really pisses me off is that this ungracious waster gets free into the game whereas I would have to pay for a ticket if I had a rat's chance of getting my hands on one.

The Blacks are and always have been the team to beat. If Hogan doesn't like that fact then boo ****ing hoo.

Was interesting reading up on England's game against them in the Rugby League. Really seem to have gotten at them for a while.

I want an Ireland win.

And yeah, journalists aren't real people and shouldn't be taken at face value (or any value) but still. It indicates there's some spice to this tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

What do people make of Hugh Farrelley in the indo ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Pinetree Boy

I had to laugh at the response of some of our journos. Of course the ABs are bully boys and intimidate other sides- thats what they bloody get paid for! If I wasn't a kiwi I would love to see them laid low too the same as I revelled in seeing the Aussie cricketers (the best at what they do) lose to India but don't see the same thing happenning this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Pinetree Boy

Noopti wrote: »
    Or just get some of the Riverdance troupe on the pitch for our "response"......

Now THAT would epitomise Irish rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

The aussie press are getting a laugh out of it as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

from reading the number of letters to the editor ( all of them angry ) regarding vincent hogans article , its obvious that the kwis have walked right into hogans trap , without exception , the letters were reactionary , dour and laced with insults , among them how irelands only olympic medalists are drug cheats

vincent hogan has been vindicated me thinks

pucan wrote: »

Haha, haven't seen what they're saying, just the New Zealand angle.

Delightful to see them get so riled. I hope there's a good old rendition of Allez les Bleus from the Leinster fans. ^^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

hahaha imagine singing ''allez les bleus'' during the match it would certainly put the kiwis off their game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Sparky14

pucan wrote: »
    Any chance u could post some links to these? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

Junior wrote: »
    What do people make of Hugh Farrelley in the indo ?
    Where he belongs ie. in a paper I don't read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

The new zealand fans are the worst losers in the world. They can't handle criticism at all either.
    O'Driscoll gets speared tackled and it's part of the game and he's a whinger.
    One of their players gets speared tackled few months later in the tri nations against australia and thw whole country is up in arms about it, it's even brought up in their parliament!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Although I'm not a fan of Hogan's, and I don't entirely share his views in the article I am 100% in argreement with him that I hate the All Blacks.

I know that it's a fundemental mistake of the IRB's but New Zealand really take the piss with the amount of Islanders they use. Apart from that shocking decision of the IRB's not to hold the World Cup in Japan, I really believe this is one of the key reasons why rugby isnt developing.

I know we use a few players for over seas but the All Blacks should be renamed the Pacific Island 1st team - its a complete joke.

People argue that the islander players are delighted about playing for the All Blacks but what about national pride? Why cant they just play for their club in NZ and play internationally for their real country?

Absolute Joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

here's another:
    http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/grand-slam-tour-diary/2008/11/14/ugly-side-limerick/?c_id=4&objectid=10542993
    We had just got off the train near the Dublin city centre when the hum of a crowd grew louder outside the St Stephen's Green shopping centre. We sauntered over as the smokeclouds belched into the night sky. No one seemed too concerned but we learned later that an attempt had been made to torch former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern's state car while he was inside attending a book launch. Ahern had already been wheeled into the function, because he had recently broken his leg, when his car was attacked.

A bag was apparently thrown at the unoccupied ministerial Mercedes and flames then scorched the left hand side of the vehicle before firemen arrived and dealt quickly with the blaze. It was another reminder this week of the feuding which runs concurrent with life in the Emerald Isle. On the same day more than 2000 people helped mourn and bury Garryowen rugby player Shane Geoghegan who was shot and killed in an apparent 'mistaken identity' hit in Limerick. His death occurred on the night the All Blacks arrived in Ireland, while Limerick is the venue for next week's match against Munster to help commemorate the 30 years since the locals beat the All Blacks.

The shooting has provoked renewed calls to rid the town of the criminal scum which has apparently infiltrated the area since the 90's. Much of course has been written about this latest chapter of death in the internal wars which dog the Emerald Isle. The horror, disgust and revulsion have littered the airwaves, telecasts and column inches of the newspapers. The shooting has provoked further calls for Limerick to stand tall and dismantle the gangs who have brought such dishonour to the city.

Amongst many of the calls for Limerick to defeat the thugs came a column from Cathal MacCarthy in the Irish Independent. "So let's not add injury to insult here by pretending that we as a society or- more unjust still-Limerick itself failed these people. They chose their path. We must now choose to remove them from our presence for as long as we can afford concrete and bars." The grittiness, he argued, which once was an admired combative trait of the area had mutated into something feral and cowardly. It does make you appreciate New Zealand even more.

Lucky New Zealand has no crime problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Yeah its just rotorua folk who abuse the **** out of their children. Thats fine like.

Advertisement