Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPS Games: Keyboard & Mouse V's Console Controller

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

Vegeta wrote: »
    A) what's a toggle?

B) why is using the nunchuck of the Wii for controlling player movement in an FPS silly.

I mean, Playing FPS games on the Wii is just down right "silly"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I mean, Playing FPS games on the Wii is just down right "silly"

he's talking about the nunchuck, not the wiimote, you are getting confused between the 2. The nunchuck is the half that has the analogue stick on it. Here's a picture

NIN89003.jpg

Personally I think something like that would work well. In honesty the only thing that makes FPS better on the PC is the mouse, the digital response of the keyboard is dated.

EDIT: Yeah something like the nunchuck would be really good in conjunction with the mouse. I mean all you'd need would be an analogue stick for creeping, walking, running and sprinting. You could press down on it for crouch, double press for prone, then you could have 2 shoulder buttons for jump and maybe use/interact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Input devices shouldn't require skill, they should be as transparent as possible.

I played an FPS game with a controller once and it was a pain, I'd love to be able to play with a controller tbh, cause then I'd get a 360 and it would be much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Why does the poll add up to 118%?

Anyway after playing goldeneye on the N64 I constantly extolled the virtues of console FPS'. I was converted to the way of the PC when COD came out. Definitely keyboard and mouse is far superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

A wizard did it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I've been doing some reading and supposedly there are a surprisingly high number of gamers that swear by a mouse+joystick combo. You use the analogue joystick for movement and the mouse for looking around and shooting. I'd never even thought of this before but it makes perfect sense.

I'd been ignoring developments in joysticks as I'd assumed you only needed them now for flight sims. I might actually look into investing in one to do away with my keyboard in games for good :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

no contest really. ever since i got a decent pc years back, i havent looked at console FPS's since

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's multiple choice. One person can vote for every option.

Advertisement