Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i have enough!!

Options
  • 11-11-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

have eircom broadband at home.

everytime someone answers the cordless phone the broadband goes off!!

recently it just switches itself off whenever it wants. i just bought a PS3 today and i want a proper internet connection and rid of eircom, can anyone help me fix this or recommend another broadband!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

try replace the dsl filter, i had that problem before with a dodgy filter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Mickdots

guil07 wrote: »
    try replace the dsl filter, i had that problem before with a dodgy filter

sorry i work as a Q.S and know f all about any of these filters and any of this craic. any indication of where this mite be would be great!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Mickdots wrote: »
    sorry i work as a Q.S and know f all about any of these filters and any of this craic. any indication of where this mite be would be great!:D

Yeah, dodgy filter. The filter is the little cream box that you got with your broadband originally. The one you plug into a phone sockets and it has two ports on one side. So wherever your broadband is plugged into the phone point its most likely there.

Call up tech support if you want a new one for free. They are sent through an post though so you could be waiting weeks. You could walk into pc world and but one for ten euro though. Just ask for a "broadband dsl filter, the one with two sockets" The two sockets bit is to help any slow sales clerks :p.

Yeah, dodgy filter. The filter is the little cream box that you got with your broadband originally. The one you plug into a phone sockets and it has two ports on one side. So wherever your broadband is plugged into the phone point its most likely there.

Call up tech support if you want a new one for free. They are sent through an post though so you could be waiting weeks. You could walk into pc world and but one for ten euro though. Just ask for a "broadband dsl filter, the one with two sockets" The two sockets bit is to help any slow sales clerks :p.

thats the job!!! sound as a pound!!! will get one tomorrow in pc world:p

will that stop the broadband going off? will this stop the dsl light from flashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Mickdots wrote: »
    thats the job!!! sound as a pound!!! will get one tomorrow in pc world:p

will that stop the broadband going off? will this stop the dsl light from flashing?

Depends, does it flash when the phone is answeared? If thats the case, yes.
    Also, make sure that all of your home phones have filters connected as well. If you need them you can grab them in pc world too just say "Yeah I need a few single socket ones as well" Also, make sure to ask "My eircom broadband will get a dsl signal through this right?" Because then if they give you the wrong one you can argue that it was not as described and get an exchange :D.

BTW: When you get the new filters, if you get no dsl signal after plugging them in, try plugging your broadband into the second double socket connection. One side (as in left or right) will only receive telephone signals and the other will only receive dsl signals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah anythin that uses a phone line will have one so if ya have sky connected to the phone put a single filter there aswell

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Depends, does it flash when the phone is answeared? If thats the case, yes.
    Also, make sure that all of your home phones have filters connected as well. If you need them you can grab them in pc world too just say "Yeah I need a few single socket ones as well" Also, make sure to ask "My eircom broadband will get a dsl signal through this right?" Because then if they give you the wrong one you can argue that it was not as described and get an exchange :D.

BTW: When you get the new filters, if you get no dsl signal after plugging them in, try plugging your broadband into the second double socket connection. One side (as in left or right) will only receive telephone signals and the other will only receive dsl signals.

filter did the job!! sound!!

also changed the line from the main eircom box to the broadband box!!

perfect line with no cut in's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

i love when people jump to conclusions and assume it must be big bad eircoms fault automatically when something is wrong

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

event wrote: »
    i love when people jump to conclusions and assume it must be big bad eircoms fault automatically when something is wrong

Where are all these tech savvy kids I read about all the time? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

So it wasnt Eircoms fault it was yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Irlbo wrote: »
    So it wasnt Eircoms fault it was yours?

No it wasnt his fault he had a dodgy filter, if its been like that since the start its eircoms fault smartar$e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

At least they're not sending bogons down the line.

Advertisement