Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Male body

Options
  • 11-11-2008 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Ladies,
    Quick one for ya.
    How important is it to you that a guy has a good body.

If you meat a guy and end up going home together, everything is great but you take things to the bed room and his shirt comes off and he has a bit of a belly and some man boobs.

If this a turn off or just expected.

Your thoughts please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

For me, it's a definite turn off. I don't like flab or man boobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I imagine the answers will be as varied as the male body is.
    For me, it's a definite turn off. I don't like flab or man boobs.
    Define flab as this to is going to get different responses :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Ladies,
    Quick one for ya.
    How important is it to you that a guy has a good body.

If you meat a guy and end up going home together, everything is great but you take things to the bed room and his shirt comes off and he has a bit of a belly and some man boobs.

If this a turn off or just expected.

Your thoughts please

It's nor particularly important to me at all, and I'd have to say that it's rarely a surprise to find out what a guy looks like under his clothes...

I mean, I ain't no supermodel, and I've come to the realisation that people can tell I'm fat even when I have my clothes ON. Shocka, I know... but it took me a while to get my head around it.

Similarly, a guy's shape in his clothes is generally a good indication of what's going on under there, and I'm not one to be put off by a bit of man boobage or even shoulder hair... although they're not the most attractive looking things, if I'm getting naked with a guy, I'm not going to be running out of there cos he doesn't look like a Calvin Klein model. It's about attraction and chemistry more than looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

shellyboo wrote: »
    It's nor particularly important to me at all, and I'd have to say that it's rarely a surprise to find out what a guy looks like under his clothes...

I mean, I ain't no supermodel, and I've come to the realisation that people can tell I'm fat even when I have my clothes ON. Shocka, I know... but it took me a while to get my head around it.

Similarly, a guy's shape in his clothes is generally a good indication of what's going on under there, and I'm not one to be put off by a bit of man boobage or even shoulder hair... although they're not the most attractive looking things, if I'm getting naked with a guy, I'm not going to be running out of there cos he doesn't look like a Calvin Klein model. It's about attraction and chemistry more than looks.

+1 for the voice of reason!

Nice shoulders are a plus though :pac:

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Nice shoulders are a plus though :pac:

Oh hell yeah. And I'm a sucker for nice arms... nothing like them when you're... well... underneath them :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Oh hells yes. It's not always what they have, it's how they use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I'm not looking for perfection but given what I do I naturally hold physical condition in quite high regard. I have no problem with a few extra lbs, but excess wobble just doesn't do it for me. Having said that, I'd much rather a little too big than a little too skinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

g'em wrote: »
    I'd much rather a little too big than a little too skinny.

>_>

<_<

*eats a big cake*

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    I imagine the answers will be as varied as the male body is.

Define flab as this to is going to get different responses :p

Man boobs = flab. If there's a little extra around the gut (and I mean, a little) that's fine. I'm averse to fat men the way some of the guys here are averse to fat women.
    But as another poster said, you're rarely surprised by a guy's body when he takes his shirt off. If I liked him in clothes, it's probable that I'll like him without clothes on.
    But there are plenty of women who don't mind man boobs and flab. I'm probably in a minority. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

To the OP, do you like fat on a womens body? There's your answer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Well if his Boobs are any bigger than mine I'd be a bit worried but a little bit of a belly isn't a big deal, as long as he doesn't look pregnant :pac:

Having said that, I'd much rather a little too big than a little too skinny.

Ah, I'm the opposite! I'd rather a bit too skinny than a bit too big. I'm even put off by guys who aren't at all fat, but a little overboard on the muscles.

To the OP, do you like fat on a womens body? There's your answer

Um, no, that's no answer at all. Are you saying that his opinion about women's bodies equals women's opinions about men's bodies? Cos that makes teh no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭testing_times

I personally dont really like fat on women - now not looking for a super model size 2 or anything. I guess a healthy body is the nicest.
    No rolls of fat or anything but enough to pinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

this threads about MALE bodies, we've had plenty of female body threads.
    nice arms are a must. i hate bubble butts on guys, looks plain weird. i'm not crazy on moobs, its a big turnoff. i think though if i liked someone enough theses things wouln't matter too much.

Ah, I'm the opposite! I'd rather a bit too skinny than a bit too big. I'm even put off by guys who aren't at all fat, but a little overboard on the muscles.
    We should go out scouting for guys sometime - at least we know we won't be chasing the same ones :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I personally dont really like fat on women - now not looking for a super model size 2 or anything. I guess a healthy body is the nicest.
    No rolls of fat or anything but enough to pinch.
    So testing_times, what are your thoughts on moobs. Yay/nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'm not looking for perfection but given what I do I naturally hold physical condition in quite high regard. I have no problem with a few extra lbs, but excess wobble just doesn't do it for me. Having said that, I'd much rather a little too big than a little too skinny.
    *waves* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Man boobs = flab.

Actually this is not really true. Adipose will be stored in different area's of the body preferentially, and this will vary from person to person.

Some blokes will have a very high test:est conversion rate and will be far more likely to store adipose on the chest resulting in man boobs. In some cases you have guys who will be relatively lean in the belly and side area's but will always have problems with man boobs until they figured out how to deal with their test:est conversion problems.

Dragan wrote: »
    Actually this is not really true. Adipose will be stored in different area's of the body preferentially, and this will vary from person to person.

Some blokes will have a very high test:est conversion rate and will be far more likely to store adipose on the chest resulting in man boobs. In some cases you have guys who will be relatively lean in the belly and side area's but will always have problems with man boobs until they figured out how to deal with their test:est conversion problems.

That's cool... still don't like the man boobs!

• Advertisement

Heh, so this is the male equivalent of being 'big-boned'?

The kinds of guys who have a genuine test:est disproportionate ratio are very far and few in between - for the average Joe on the street moobs are the natural accompaniment to a portly belly, the same way that a over-sized thighs on a woman are less often as a result of "child-bearing hips" and more a result of eating too much pizza and not enough walking.

P.S. I <3 the smash-man :D

Heh, so this is the male equivalent of being 'big-boned'?

The kinds of guys who have a genuine test:est disproportionate ratio are very far and few in between - for the average Joe on the street moobs are the natural accompaniment to a portly belly, the same way that a over-sized thighs on a woman are less often as a result of "child-bearing hips" and more a result of eating too much pizza and not enough walking.

P.S. I <3 the smash-man :D

Yeah pretty much!!! lol I've only seen about 2 people that i can definitely say had test:est issues, so it is an extreme rarity. Just defending the moob men i guess!!!

Personally i don't think the body is important, so much as how you carry it, the same for females. I've seen overweight lads get a lot more attention than the fit lads because they were confident and carried themselves well and were outgoing.

I think your body will get you looked at, but it's other things that will get you laid, for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Yeah pretty much!!! lol I've only seen about 2 people that i can definitely say had test:est issues, so it is an extreme rarity. Just defending the moob men i guess!!!

Personally i don't think the body is important, so much as how you carry it, the same for females. I've seen overweight lads get a lot more attention than the fit lads because they were confident and carried themselves well and were outgoing.

I think your body will get you looked at, but it's other things that will get you laid, for the most part.

+1

So true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

I'm a huge fan of guys who treat their bodies to look like temples. :P I'd be the first to be worshiping at them, lol.

I like sporty types as well, no couch potatoes for me so I don't think I'd even be attracted in the first place to a person where the indication would be he's not active, hence no need to stress that I don't like man moobs or beer bellies.

In saying that, I was at a party the other day where almost all guys present were in to rugby in one way or another. I realized that altho I've had a nice rugby-man experience once, a rugger hugger I certainly am not...
    They're just too... I dunno, they walk like turkeys?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

I'm very cautious about taking my top off when with a new girl now. Initial shock turns to lust and then turns into obsession. I must be fairly unique amongst Irish men or something.

I'm very cautious about taking my top off when with a new girl now. Initial shock turns to lust and then turns into obsession. I must be fairly unique amongst Irish men or something.

What, arrogant? Nah that's relatively common actually.

Question:

How do you get your top off over you massive ****ing head?

You don't strike me as being clever enough to have worked out buttons yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

What, arrogant? Nah that's relatively common actually.

It's not really a physical attribute though.
    We should start a thread for 'What disposition do you prefer your man to have?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Question:

How do you get your top off over your massive ****ing arms?

You don't strike me as being clever enough to have worked out buttons yet.
    What an agressive young man you are. Leave your anger in the weights room my friend and don't be taking it out on me because I won't tolerate it.

• Advertisement

What an agressive young man you are. Leave your anger in the weights room my friend and don't be taking it out on me because I won't tolerate it.

So you only enjoy trolling when you are the one doing it then?:pac::D

Advertisement