Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Male body

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Dragan wrote: »
    So you only enjoy trolling when you are the one doing it then?:pac::D
    Stop dragging this off topic. I'd expect more from a mod.

Curlypinkie, I'm not going to post a pic up here but check your inbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Curlypinkie, I'm not going to post a pic up here but check your inbox.

I just got a weird PM...

Galvasean wrote: »
    I just got a weird PM...
    Did she send one to you as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

this threads about MALE bodies, we've had plenty of female body threads.
    nice arms are a must. i hate bubble butts on guys, looks plain weird. i'm not crazy on moobs, its a big turnoff. i think though if i liked someone enough theses things wouln't matter too much.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

a bit of a belly on a guy would be fine, but i wouldnt be keen on moobs.
    i absolutely swoon for hairy chests on fellas, find it a huge turn on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

g'em wrote: »
    Having said that, I'd much rather a little too big than a little too skinny.

So what you're saying then is that I'm in with a shout? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

If you're taking him home on the first night what else did you base the attraction on other than what he looked like and how well he shot the breeze with you whilst trying to get into your knickers? If the unwrapped package was far different to the wrapped one I'd be disappointed... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

ellscurr wrote: »
    If you're taking him home on the first night what else did you base the attraction on other than what he looked like and how well he shot the breeze with you whilst trying to get into your knickers? If the unwrapped package was far different to the wrapped one I'd be disappointed... :D

only until he proved that looks are really irrelevant once the lights are off and he knows what he's doing

Iago wrote: »
    only until he proved that looks are really irrelevant once the lights are off and he knows what he's doing

You'd still have seen it before the lights went off tho!

ellscurr wrote: »
    You'd still have seen it before the lights went off tho!

The reality (for the most part) is that once you have an initial attraction to someone then it's really academic as to what's going on under their clothes, or at least it should be.

If a guy has a slight belly/moobs you're unlikely to notice that unless he's naked, and if you've got to the stage where he's naked then providing he can push your buttons then it shouldn't really matter.

If it's the case that his entire body shape doesn't appeal to you then you wouldn't have reached that stage in the first place.

Ultimately though, and certainly in my case, initial physical attraction tends to be around facial features rather than body types. If you get past that stage and get to know someone, then looks become irrelevant very quickly. What really matters is how they make you feel physically and emotionally, rather than how they look in a mirror.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Cathkins

Moobs would be a turn off for moi...not a deal breaker but meh I'd rather not have to deal in it :p...bit of a tubby tummy is ok as I'm not keen on that whole six pack thing...

Iago wrote: »
    The reality (for the most part) is that once you have an initial attraction to someone then it's really academic as to what's going on under their clothes, or at least it should be.

If a guy has a slight belly/moobs you're unlikely to notice that unless he's naked, and if you've got to the stage where he's naked then providing he can push your buttons then it shouldn't really matter.

If it's the case that his entire body shape doesn't appeal to you then you wouldn't have reached that stage in the first place.

Ultimately though, and certainly in my case, initial physical attraction tends to be around facial features rather than body types. If you get past that stage and get to know someone, then looks become irrelevant very quickly. What really matters is how they make you feel physically and emotionally, rather than how they look in a mirror.

It depends what he's packing under the shirt though. That said, I do like men with awee bit of meat on them, so unless he was pregnant-esque underneath his clothes, I still would :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I'm just glad that I wear baggy tracksuits, mask my figure, I WILL NOT BE OBJECTIFIED!:mad:
    :P
    Seriously though, I'm no looker and from an aesthetic viewpoint rather unremarkable in terms of physique, so I think everyone would prefer I kept things covered.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

sam34 wrote: »
    i absolutely swoon for hairy chests on fellas, find it a huge turn on.

Dream date?

farohar wrote: »
    I'm just glad that I wear baggy tracksuits, mask my figure, I WILL NOT BE OBJECTIFIED!:mad:
    :P
    Seriously though, I'm no looker and from an aesthetic viewpoint rather unremarkable in terms of physique, so I think everyone would prefer I kept things covered.:o

I'll let you in on a little secret, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else...

...it's all about how you carry yourself. If you're happy in yourself, and don't let others get to you then you'll carry yourself a lot better and people will notice. Confidence and keeping your head held high will influence people regardless of what you look like. People will see it in your eyes, your walk, your stance, and they can't help but react to it. Some of the most successful people I've ever met wouldn't get a second look only for their deportment.

If you start to believe it, so will others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

hairier than that please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

My eyes my eyes!!!

Oh wait is that Sean Connery *drools*

Tbh i couldn't describe my type physically because i really don't have one. Could be the hottest guy and if we can't have a conversation and a bit of a giggle then theres just no chemistry. On the other hand a guy that wouldn't fit the norm of being attractive for whatever reason could put a fire in my underwear with a good sense of humour and decent manners. If i liked someone i can't think of any usual physical factors that could alter that. I think if you really like someone you don't see the flaws

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Zaph wrote: »
    So what you're saying then is that I'm in with a shout? ;)
    Shaddup shorty. :cool:

smashey wrote: »

Get back to Fitness you!

Get back to Fitness you!
    That might not be a bad idea considering most of the replies here. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Zaph wrote:
    So what you're saying then is that I'm in with a shout?
    lol :o Yisser sweethearts :D

One thing that's interesting (and I hope I'm not just speaking prematurely here) is that in contrast to the many, many, many threads of this "what size do you like" type in AH, this one seems to be really rather open-minded and *gasp* grown up.

Is it fair to say that, in general, women tend to be more forgiving of body shape than men are? Do we look beyond shape and consider personality above all else?

Or is it simply that we're pickier about whom we choose to romp with between the sheets in the first place and don't have the same "I shagged a fat bird for the lulz" tales to tell?

Aye. :D
    Or is it simply that we're pickier about whom we choose to romp with between the sheets in the first place and don't have the same "I shagged a fat bird for the lulz" tales to tell?
    Both sexes have their own foibles and both can be as picky as each other. In the end, after the initial physical attraction, it mostly comes down to attraction of the mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Going along the lines of this topic, what do the wimms of this board consider tubby/fat???

Aw shucks :o
    Is it fair to say that, in general, women tend to be more forgiving of body shape than men are? Do we look beyond shape and consider personality above all else?

Quite possibly, and I for one am grateful for that. Of course I then have the additional challenge of finding a woman who looks beyond the personality thing as well. :D

Both sexes have their own foibles and both can be as picky as each other. In the end, after the initial physical attraction, it mostly comes down to attraction of the mind.

Unusually deep from my large northern friend, but it's hard to argue against that.

Women want money/status in their partner and will easily overlook a fat gut or two. Women are the devil.
    In the end, after the initial physical attraction, it mostly comes down to attraction of the mind.
    The initial attraction all has to stay there. Many relationships are ruined by lazy fat partners who let themselves go. Just read PI every week on this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Women want money/status in their partner and will easily overlook a fat gut or two. Women are the devil.

The initial attraction all has to stay there. Many relationships are ruined by lazy fat partners who let themselves go. Just read PI every week on this issue.

Someone been burned?:rolleyes:

PI that way
    >

The initial attraction stays alright but as time goes on, the mind comes more and more into play.
    Zaph wrote:
    Unusually deep from my large northern friend, but it's hard to argue against that.
    Who are you calling a Nordie?

Who are you calling a Nordie?

I didn't call you a Nordie, I said you were northern. From my prespective Drogheda is northern.

I didn't call you a Nordie, I said you were northern. From my prespective Drogheda is northern.
    From your perspective, Drumcondra is northern. :p

• Advertisement

From your perspective, Drumcondra is northern. :p

Pretty much :)

Advertisement