Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Male body

Options
124»

Comments

taconnol wrote: »
    I keep fit, try to eat healthily and so I'm attracted to a person who shares the same values as me. I don't want someone who's always going to be ordering pizza or takeaway and trying to convince me not to go to the gym & watch TV instead. So in that way, I am more attracted to sporty types - and got me a triathlete :)

The problem with sporty types aside from the whole obession thing.
    Is that I'm sedentary in my everyday, I want to relax by being active.
    Whereas they are the opposite and tend to be shattered by the time you get a hold of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

sam34 wrote: »
    hairier than that please!

woohoooooo someone who would appreciate my goriallaesque physique :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Moonbaby wrote: »
    The problem with sporty types aside from the whole obession thing.
    Is that I'm sedentary in my everyday, I want to relax by being active.
    Whereas they are the opposite and tend to be shattered by the time you get a hold of them.
    Ah no, he isn't a professional triathlete. He still has the sedentary day-job.

You're so right on the obsession thing - I tell him to get all his competitions and races out of the way before the kids come, unless he plans on bringing them with him :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

woohoooooo someone who would appreciate my goriallaesque physique :D

pics?:D
    you can pm them if you like ;)

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Obama is a minger.
    He make GW look doable.

wtf?? obama is hawt :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

What would the opionion be of body hair on men ? I can understand most wimmen not liking bear type hair on a men alright, i'm hairy enough and getting hairier but it wouldn't be mad thick or really dark etc I used to be a bit embarrased about while having my shirt off, but now I walk around shirtless at home all of the time even if people are over or not !

*bears all and struts*

See what I did there ?!?! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I workout hard daily, and expect a lad to be fit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Fit or just slim? There's a lot of unfit slim guys and a lot of fit guys with a bit of weight on them.

Pyr0 wrote: »
    What would the opionion be of body hair on men ? I can understand most wimmen not liking bear type hair on a men alright, i'm hairy enough and getting hairier but it wouldn't be mad thick or really dark etc I used to be a bit embarrased about while having my shirt off, but now I walk around shirtless at home all of the time even if people are over or not !

*bears all and struts*

personally, i love hairy men. theres something so inherently masculine about it. (i just know someone is gonna post up a pic of a hairy woman now that i've said that!) deffo not something to be embarrassed about!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

personally, i love hairy men. theres something so inherently masculine about it. (i just know someone is gonna post up a pic of a hairy woman now that i've said that!) deffo not something to be embarrassed about!

I love it too :) Sign of a real man, I say! I used to draw the line at a hairy back, but my ex (who I went out with for five years) had a hairy back and I just got used to it!

• Advertisement

shellyboo wrote: »
    I love it too :) Sign of a real man, I say! I used to draw the line at a hairy back, but my ex (who I went out with for five years) had a hairy back and I just got used to it!

yeah, i'm ok with hairy backs too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,144 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Still keeps top on way to shy to be parading around the ladies with out a top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Wibbs wrote: »
    They also lingered for longer looking at taller men

Agreed, I get this a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

Wibbs wrote: »
    Saw a programme years ago which had these special glasses which followed where people's eyes were looking in a room full of people and contrary to popular belief women were worse than men. Crotch arse, shoulders and face were the biggies for them. They also lingered for longer looking at taller men or men they were told previously were "important/VIP" types. Men went for the usual, breasts and arse and face but looked at the whole body first and then tended to stay on faces with the odd look south. Crotch got the most looks from women, even though many swore blind they didn't look(and they looked for longer at guys they flirted with). Women in general seemed to be less aware of what they were looking at than men. They're better at hiding it too. Both men and women's eyes wandered when more attractive men or women passed by, even if they were flirting with someone.

I reckon that while physical bodies are important to both genders, social power and attractiveness is more important to women than men. So ugly rich guy gets more women than good looking poor guy. Popular guy gets more than shy guy. You could probably(in general terms anyway) judge a guys overall social standing by the attractiveness of his partner.

"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac" - Henry 'the kiss' Kissinger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

So father Ted, A.K.A. father fluffy-bottom is well in there then?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Nuravictus

Pyr0 wrote: »

*bears all and struts*

I see what you did :P, You used a Homosexual term for a Hairly Gay :D Its nearly 2009 man no need to hide it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

hmmm it depends how well they carry it, but not a lot of flab please. I try not to be shallow, but sometimes cant help it.
    I dunno how i feel about the fact that my boyfriend is skinnier than me though. =/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

cormie wrote: »
    Fit or just slim? There's a lot of unfit slim guys and a lot of fit guys with a bit of weight on them.
    Physically fit, or they won't be able to keep up with whatever we're doing, be it a swim in the Pacific, dancing, or something more fun...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

farohar wrote: »
    So father Ted, A.K.A. father fluffy-bottom is well in there then?:p

Oh God I LOVE father Ted! I know he's dead and all, but there's something.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Dont have time to read the other replies just yet but i have to say i would be more inclined to go for a 'real man'

By real man i mean someone with a bit of meat but not muscle, well not too much anyway. Not into body builders although i can appreciate how hard they work to get it, its not really my thing.

I dont like men too skinny either. I like my men to be bigger than me so i can feel safe when i get a big bear hug :o

A little bit of flab would be welcome here, at least i know hes not gonna be spending hours upon hours in the gym or more time in the mirror than me and also that he likes his grub. Dont get me wrong i do like a man that looks after his appearance but a bit of hair gel and a shower and shave would suffice.

I do love a man with a good old fashioned appetitie and have always been more attracted to fuller figured men :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

It's so hard to say as attraction is multifaceted. I've been attracted a variety of different types in my time. Few extra pounds isn't an issue on either sex if you ask me.

Advertisement