Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickle me Elmo for nephew!

Options
  • 11-11-2008 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I was thinking of getting my nepher Tickle me Elmo for Christmas .. he
    will be 10 months old then ... I think maybe this is to young ,
    on amazon it recommends the child is at least 18 months before giving him tickle me elmo .. but is this safety reasons or that the kid wouldn't appreciate it ... I think he would though .. he finds all sorts of things funny and i have a feeling he'll love this !!!

let me know if anyone else has gotten tickle me Elmo for their kids !

thnks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I got my son who will be 18 months at Christmas Elmo Live, which is apparantly going to be the hottest toy of the season. See the youtube shots of it- it is incredible [im a little worried though that it might confuse him into thinking its real - but however.] I know tickle me elmo was a huge success with the babies. I would say go for it, he will grow into appreciating it anyway even if not at 10 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I got my son who will be 18 months at Christmas Elmo Live
    Handy to skip night feeds, teething etc :pac::D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

tk123 wrote: »
    Handy to skip night feeds, teething etc :pac::D:pac:

Now there would be something! An elmo that gets up in the middle of the night to get the bottle, change the nappy, do the burping, the get back to sleep soothing, and the everything else.

tk123 - let me know how you progress with your research and development! Great idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

jackdaw wrote: »
    Hi
    I was thinking of getting my nepher Tickle me Elmo for Christmas .. he
    will be 10 months old then ... I think maybe this is to young ,
    on amazon it recommends the child is at least 18 months before giving him tickle me elmo .. but is this safety reasons or that the kid wouldn't appreciate it ... I think he would though .. he finds all sorts of things funny and i have a feeling he'll love this !!!

let me know if anyone else has gotten tickle me Elmo for their kids !

thnks

To be honest I would leave it till next christmas to get it. He will get as much if not more fun out of it next year.

At ten months he would seem too young to me. Dont be in a mad rush, next year he will understand pressents - and it will be much more fun for you to give it to him then.

We never had that one, had the hokey pokey elmo - but our little one was four by then. she loved it .....till the middle of one night when it simply had to be removed from her room!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sulukie

I think he might be too young at ten months for the tickle me Elmo. Our little man got an elmo that sings for his first birthday and loves it. It sings Elmo loves you and little love hearts light up in his eyes. It gets the biggest hugs :) We've bought Elmo live for Christmas as well but our little man will be 16 months then and I think the fact that he already knows and loves Elmo will mean that he won't freak out about this toy that moves :D

I'd suggest you look for the singing Elmo now and he'll be ready for the more complicated one next year. The one we have was only about 15 euro in Smyths

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

My daughter loved Tickle me Elmo at 10 months (two Christmases ago). We then put it away for a while (can't remember if it ran out of batteries or I was sick of it). When we reintroduced it when she was around 18 months she was terrified of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I got my son who will be 18 months at Christmas Elmo Live, which is apparantly going to be the hottest toy of the season. See the youtube shots of it- it is incredible

Got this for my son last month for his birthday. Its just incredible! Don't be surprised if the adults get more kick out of it than the kids! I can see why it would be the hottest toy of the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Where is this toy made ?

China ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Go for it. Or you only have 2 months to go for the birthday you could wait til then?

Kids get a lot of presents at christmas the parents might keep it up for a couple of months.

Mine got the pizza elmos for his 1st birthday. He loves it but the other day he tried to strangle him and bit his eyeballs then bashed them in with a train :confused:

Kids these days are much more advanced and unless there were small parts i would not be put off my age recommendations on the box. My son can use his shapesorter the last few months.

One thing kids love if you decide not to go for it is a machine that blows out balls. They are in argos and smyths. You put the balls in and the machine blows them out. They are not small enough to put in your mouth.

Why does that sound dirty :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

So it looks like it's made in China then ?

don't think ill get it then ... cheap dangerous shi**te

• Advertisement
Advertisement