Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best driving game?

• 11-11-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

I just picked up the Xbox steering wheel and it's great with Forza. I have PGR 4 as well, though haven't tried it with the wheel yet as it's more of an arcade racer, but can anyone recommend any good driving games to test the wheel out on? I like rally games, and semi-sim games so any recommendations taken on board.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Grid & Midnight Club: Los Angeles, both really good games, also Flatout: Ultimate Carnage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

SuprSi wrote: »
    I just picked up the Xbox steering wheel and it's great with Forza.

How much was the wheel? Is there an official XBOX one or 3rd party one? I am looking for one as a present for someone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

CKWPORT wrote: »
    How much was the wheel? Is there an official XBOX one or 3rd party one? I am looking for one as a present for someone...

It was just over €100 in Game in Dundrum. It's the official wheel - I think Microsoft decided to release an official one rather than let a 3rd party create them. I'm impressed so far though.

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessracingwheel/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Second GRID.

Havent tried MC:LA but I always enjoyed the MC series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Third Grid! DIRT is also a very good game!Just a pity theres no proper multyplayer:(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Have not got around to GRID yet but Forza (which you have:)) and Dirt are my top 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

GRID and Burnout (If you want something a little more arcadey)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Grid and burnout without a doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Grid... Now that i've finished GOW2 I can get back to it.. Also, bit off topic but Pure is a fantastic game too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

forza pgr drift and thats all u no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

I'm just wondering if the people who are recommending GRID, and also DIRT, have played it with the racing wheel? If so can you tell me what settings you changed to make it actually respond properly? GRID is a great game, one of the most fun racing games I've played, but I just cannot get the wheel to work with properly. Same goes for DIRT and Burnout Paradise. All good games, but I would not recommend them for use with the racing wheel. PGR4 works well and it does add to the fun (I haven't played PGR3 with it). Forza is by far the best when it comes to getting the controls right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Anyone got the Ridge Racer game for the xbox ? Any good ?

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Pure and Burnout are awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

played grid with a steering wheel its pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I'm interested in getting the wheel too. I love Forza and Dirt. PGR4 remains largely unplayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭PATJOE

Bought the xbox steering wheel and tried it on forza 2, very hard to get used to. Can anyone recommend the settings they use for forza2?

Thanks

DIRT looks class alright. I saw GRID in Xtra-Vision but wanted to see what people thought before getting it. Thanks for the feedback!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Skippy65

Dont get grid!

Skippy65 wrote: »
    Dont get grid!

Why not?

SuprSi wrote: »
    Why not?

Ditto... I think its one of the best racing games ever. It brings the fun back into the genre... I played GT5 on the PS3 n it was as dull as anything, keep on doing the same race till u win so u can get a car to do it again in another race... Homer J. Simpson said it best B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!

First time I played Grid I was comming down a striaght, car in front of me had a blow out, went into a barrel roll with bits of car n wheels flying past me... It was the first time I'd seen anything like it in a racing game... Its just a fun game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

opr wrote: »
    Anyone got the Ridge Racer game for the xbox ? Any good ?

Opr

I have Ridge Racer 6. If you like the ridge racer series you'll love this. Fantastic stuff in my opinion. Hadnt played one since the ps1 years ago until I got this one. I got it cheap on ebay as well.

As per my last post there, Ridge Racer is great arcade fun if you like that series...
    Forza is the obvious choice. Fantastic game.
    My last choice would have to be Sega Rally, one of the most under rated games on the 360 in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

...Flatout: Ultimate Carnage.

+1

By far the most fun I've had playing a driving game

DiRT and PGR 3&4 are also very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Argos do an xbox360 wheel for €45, anybody know if its any good.
    Its half the price of the official one which means I could get 2 for €90 instead of forking out €180.
    If its crap however then its €45 wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

RacePro looks like it could be really good. Its out early next year and made by the guys who make the acclaimed PC series. 360 exclusive. Like forza but hopefully not as stale.

The microsoft wheel should only be €99.... The cheaper wheels don't have force feedback..

Sega Rally was a good, not great, game... I found it fairly repetitive n easy, got bored of it fast.. Flatout UC was great fun, fantastic graphics n physics too

Sega Rally was a good, not great, game... I found it fairly repetitive n easy, got bored of it fast.. Flatout UC was great fun, fantastic graphics n physics too[/QUOTE]

All a matter of opinion really. If you like arcade rally games personally I dont think theres anything better. Then again I've been a sega rally fan for years. I really wouldnt like to know how many hours I wasted on the sega saturn playin it.

I used to love Sega Rally 2... There was a time when my name populated at top 10 places in Atari Expo in The Square, every Thursday i'd be up there wasting my pocket money ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

A bit OT, but I got the official wheel for €83.99 including delivery from Play.com back in July - they do various offers from time to time, so it might go back to a similar price.

If you want an arcadey racer, I'd recommend Burnout Paradise as well... Pure is fantastic, though not really playable with the wheel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement