Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing drysuit - No more cold!

Options
  • 11-11-2008 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Check this out. Getting one this week so will post a review myself. The Pyro surf is made by Ocean Rodeo a kiteboarding company we deal with. The suit has been designed for surfing though, but i'll try it on the kite as well. Feel free to email me if you have any questions on it or maybe want to try it out for yourself. I'm fed up with the pain and suffering of putting on a wet and sandy wettie in the freezing cold with a bangin' hangover so hopefully this will be worth the investment! Will post review and photos after the weekend, this looks like the answer to winter blues!!

Looks a bit kooky but at least its not too far off a wetsuit and at least it doesnt look like a space suit like normal drysuits.

Eamon
    eamon [at] LSDKiteboarding.com

Ocean Rodeo Pyro Surf Drysuit Review

Video on it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcYBPvrgDn8

oceanrodeopyrosurf.jpg

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭aongo

darth vaders apprentice from the front, a rhinestone cowboy from the back - loving it! :D
    just don't nick it with your fins or it's a one way ticket to davey jones locker for sure... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 squeeba

ya something sith looking about it! About if you get a nick in it, you actually dont sink if it fills and it also wont fill fast if it does get ripped. The external presure of the water keeps the suit pressed against your body tight allowing only quiet slow water seepage into the suit. Also if it did somehow fill fully, water is naturally bouyant in water! so you wont sink. I plan to use it kiteboarding anyway so will see how it holds up against beach drags ;)

But definately it getting raving reviews but i would like to hear from someone who got a rip in it to see what really happens haha. I reckon its the sh!t, i've suffered for the past 6 years and need something warmer to teach in as well. I'm confident this will be the end of wetsuits in winter for me! fingers crossed

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭aongo

well the best of luck with it... expensive?
    would still have concerns about it ripping, both me and Archimedes (the Lord rest him) would disagree with you there, i reckon if it fills you'd be in serious sh*t, particularly if wearer had more layers underneath...

but as you say, if it's tough and not that baggy, may not fill quickly or at all...

yes a tad on the expensive side, price tag of €799 new...:eek: i reckon its worth it though! they have other drysuits cheaper than this but just suitable for kiteboarding as they are baggy but they are very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bicker

[ Also if it did somehow fill fully, water is naturally bouyant in water! so you wont sink.

You mean, like the Titanic :confused::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

No pissing allowed !

titantic was made from iron though! trying to avoid pissing in the suit is a real mission...came close to it a few times!

this suit is amazin... takes a session or two to get the seals to fit right so you dont get any water in, but after that i'm so warm in it its crazy. With big wipeouts you can get the cuffs of your arm sleeves and ankles wet but its barely noticable. zero wind chill, and far more flexible that a wetsuit. Only problem is the hands, face and feet suffer the usual pain :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 TakeMyNameDown

It looks like somthing Garth Brookes would wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

squeeba wrote: »
    this suit is amazin... takes a session or two to get the seals to fit right so you dont get any water in, but after that i'm so warm in it its crazy. With big wipeouts you can get the cuffs of your arm sleeves and ankles wet but its barely noticable. zero wind chill, and far more flexible that a wetsuit. Only problem is the hands, face and feet suffer the usual pain :rolleyes:

Well as diving drysuits come with boots & gloves attached, I'm surprised they haven't included this with the surfing version - especially as its trying to stop cold feet & hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

very jealous!!! it sounds great, i just spent 350 on a new Rip Curl wetsuit, i shoulda waited a while and just invested in the drysuit!
    good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I know it's been awhile since you're original post but just want to know how that drysuit is going and if you recommend it where can I get it. I'm in Galway.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Well as diving drysuits come with boots & gloves attached, I'm surprised they haven't included this with the surfing version - especially as its trying to stop cold feet & hands.

Nah you need to take off your gloves from time to time to set up bindings and lines on the kite. I dont like wearing booties as you loose a lot of "feel"
    but with weather like this you have to :(

I just ordered one of theses, Great price and 15 quid postage.

http://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=96&products_id=2084

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

nice looking suit, but not a patch on the Ocean Rodeo's

your looking at brass zippers on the Ocean Rodeo v's plastic zippers on the mystic.

Ocean Rodeo use Welds where as Mystic stitch and taper. you can tell that Ocean Rodeos parent company Whites have been making wetsuits and drysuits long before mystic even existed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jessicamarie

Hi! I am living in France and can't find a retailer... Do you happen to know a good place to buy??? Thanks!

Advertisement