Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v 'Pool - predictions?

Options
  • 11-11-2008 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Well, what do we reckon on this one? Rafa is using a 'reserve' team:rolleyes: I see Ghaly is back in the squad - wait and see how that works out.
    I'm going for a Spurs 2:1 win:D:D

Tom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

2-0 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Reports suggest Benitez will be leaving out Torres & Keane and maybe one or two others but I think they'll still have a fairly useful team out all the same.

If we play with the same spirit of the last couple of weeks then I think we'll nick it 2-1.
    (Could go to extra-time though)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Reports suggest Benitez will be leaving out Torres & Keane and maybe one or two others but I think they'll still have a fairly useful team out all the same.

[/I]

Gerrard is also out but I think that Torres will feature at some stage.
    I'll go for 2-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fairhillspur

2-1 we never make it easy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

2-1 for us,prob be holding on for the last ten mins as per usual...;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

tomo75 wrote: »
    Well, what do we reckon on this one? Rafa is using a 'reserve' team:rolleyes: I see Ghaly is back in the squad - wait and see how that works out.
    I'm going for a Spurs 2:1 win:D:D

Tom.

Where did you see the team sheet with Gharly on it??
    RichMc70 wrote: »

If we play with the same spirit of the last couple of weeks then I think we'll nick it 2-1.
    (Could go to extra-time though)

Torres is defo on the bench and Rafa is hoping he can start! However there should be a good few 1st teamers out. However they do have a big squad this year, and I think it will be tight - I think it will depend on who our back four is, we had a solid back four last time out, if we play a weak back four, they have the power to beat us!

I am being optimistic (until I see team sheet) and go with 2-1 (after xtra time:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict one of two things will happen

1. We'll Crush them 3-1 if not more, If we keep the Performances up to the standard they have been then it should be a cake walk.

2. They'll Win like 1-0 or 2-1 (God I hope this doesn't happen but its just football if it does)

All in all my prediction is 3 or 4 goals to 1. Modric Bent Hudd and Pav all to score

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

probably 2 nil to pool.

although, id like us to win 3-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

have a feeling that if we get bet tonight it could knock a little of what harry has instilled in us out of us... and a similiar result could happen against the cottegers on sat. Fingers crossed that madric gets a goal to keep his confidence acumilating.
    2-0 heart :)
    1-2 head :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i was thinking 2 nil home win but was thinking maybe a little unrealistic but half time and we are 3 up........

come on yidds!!!

Half time 3-0 up, C O Y S.......LOVE IT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

Gomes is absolutely dreadful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

RAUL DUKE wrote: »
    Gomes is absolutely dreadful!

have to agree but if he keeps getting picked he must be better than anyone else. heard we are scouting around ben foster for jan.....

bad injury he got there. didnt look good.

playing some great stuff here tonight.

Lost all faith in Gomes after tonight ffs wot was he doin for both goals, he could have lost the game on us, hope he/s not to badly hurt tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Agree with u there tippspur he is a liability its worse than robbo last season,id say harry will definately get a keeper in jan.Thought Bale was poor defensively also i dont think he is a left back at all.

always happy to be proved wrong :)

why was goms so good at PSV and is so crap now?

he had something like 60% clean sheet record there. what is happening differently to make him look so awful?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Very happy with the result tonight.

Before kick off, I was thinking it was going to be a very tight game and although I did'nt see the match I hear we were deserved winners.

Well played lads, more of the same this weekend please.

It seems that Bale is not living up to expectations either, I'm very disapointed with his form,the funny thing is that he plays great any time he plays with Wales and got man of the match in a few games for them,i suppose he's young yet and might come good, i really hope he does...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

always happy to be proved wrong :)

why was goms so good at PSV and is so crap now?

he had something like 60% clean sheet record there. what is happening differently to make him look so awful?

He's about 6ft4 tall, trudged off the pitch in Udine looking about 4ft a couple of weeks ago.

His confidence is shot to pieces, there is no way he is that bad naturally. 'Arry needs to put a rather big arm around his shoulder right now, or else start looking for a replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

keane=cock wrote: »
    have to agree but if he keeps getting picked he must be better than anyone else. heard we are scouting around ben foster for jan.....

bad injury he got there. didnt look good.

playing some great stuff here tonight.

Ya's have no chance of getting Foster. He's about to sign a new deal at Utd.

by all accounts we are looking at zenit, not for arshavin, but for their keeper.

go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

gomes has had a lot of of knocks both mentally and physically since the start of season, he is one of the best shot stoppers around but on crosses has been really poor on ball flight judgement and general awareness of were his defenders are, harsh as this may be the boot in the mouth was probably welcome relief for him, every other player is flying, he is fast becoming the liability.
    If he could get a clean sheet under his belt it,ll make a big difference.

Apart from that another great performance 2 wins against the bindippers in space of a couple of weeks ,quality:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

Anyway this was the first time we have scored more than 3 against Liverpool since.

Division 1 15-Apr-63 53,727 H W 7 - 2 Jones (2), Saul, Greaves (4, 1pen)

I wasn't there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Great match to watch, thoroughly enjoyable. 3 goals in 7 minutes - I can't remember the last time that happened :) I've been happy to keep faith with Gomes but last night was the final straw. Our outfield players were superb last night, particularly the front two and Zokora/Huddlestone, yet Gomes seemed intent on ruining their good work. If he can't sort himself out on crosses, he has to go, much and all as I'd like him to succeed.

I've mentioned him already, but I thought Zokora was brilliant last night. So energetic, always tracking down, getting stuck in, doing the simple things. Beside Hudd he was great, and our midfield bossed the game. I know it probably wouldn't have been the same had Alonso and Gerrard started, but it was great to see.

What an enjoyable couple of weeks this has been as a Spurs fan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya i've been calling for Gomes head for a little while now but it was beyond Belief last night. I think a Swoop for Green or Given might not go astray in Jan.

Great result, I honestly think if they hadn't scored early in the second we would have routed them BUT and I mean but I will take more from the game that they left Liverpool back into it and closed them out.

Even under Jol we had a major Problem taking a comfortable lead and then throwing it away when they got a goal back. I really thought it was going to be one of those nights til Pav poped up.

I thought the majoity of the Outfield Shone last night Bar maybe Bale, This was the game I would love to have seen him come into his own. I'm becoming very Impressed of Hudd of late and good to see that maybe young cambell you be relyed on should an Injury hapeen (God Forbid) two any of our front two, I still think we need a 20/25 goal a season striker but if Bent can keep it up we may just have him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Carturo wrote: »
    Ya's have no chance of getting Foster. He's about to sign a new deal at Utd.
    I think we were looking at him for a loan deal (which by the way under EPl rules we can do NOW and not have to wait till January!) I say do the deal if you can!

I don't know how to fix Gomes, it can't just be confidence, he's handling and judgement just seem to be atrocious! Maybe he had a a really tall back four at PSV and they handled (no pun intended) all the corners?:p

Maybe he needs some time working with the coach, but IMO we can't afford to have him on the pitch at the moment, and our number 2 looks weak to me! get another number 2 now, and let Gomes learn (on the bench)

Advertisement