Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 7 on a Mac

Options
  • 11-11-2008 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hey,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I had quick look and couldnt see it,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get Final Fantasy 7 on the Mac? I havent played this game in years, and i remember really loving it. Would love a chance to play it again,

Thanks guys,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

probably have to run windows through bootcamp to get it running properly....afaik there was never a mac distro for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

Yup, think you're right. Have been having a look through google, and it doesnt seem like there's a way without putting windows on my machine. Just wondering if there was a work around,

Ah well, back to COD4!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

chalad07 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get Final Fantasy 7 on the Mac? I havent played this game in years, and i remember really loving it. Would love a chance to play it again

Hey, meant to write you up a reply earlier. You could have a look at emulating a Windows environment using WINe.

WINe website: There's an FAQ on how to run programs, guess that'd be your first stop :)
    Turns out FFVII doesn't work yet.

Guide on how to run Team Fortress 2 in Ububtu Linux using WINe: This won't be much help due to it being a different OS to MacOS but you'll get an idea of how WINe works.

You could also try DOSBox or QEMU if you're feeling especially hardcore. Also, anybody who is having trouble running FFVII on Windows Vista should give DOSBox a shot.

Advertisement