Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour's Dog Getting In To My Garden

Options
  • 11-11-2008 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

I've posted about my neighbours new dog before. When they first get him, he was barking and whining all night. Well now he has found a way of getting into my back garden. He is very big and managed to break through the chicken wire that I put up to keep my dog in. He has been in the garden 3 times in the last few days and has managed to mess up the grass - it is a sea of mud now. What do I do? I said it to one of the owners a few days ago and she promised she would do something, which she didn't. Any advice is welcome. By the way it is a nice dog but is left out alone all day and night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

This can be tricky as the fence is kind of both yours and the neighbours by the sounds of it. Although it's their fault they haven't their dog under control if the wire is on your side of the fence you may have to put up a stronger wire. I find chainlink wire works very well.
    I had to fence of my garden with it but had to spend extra on an area I shouldn't of had to at the time because of ignorant neighbours who let their dog wander ..suprise suprise the dogs not around anymore probably got taken away or hit by a car poor thing. It's very frustrating when owners don't give a monkeys and yet last thing you need is a big barney with the neighbours.

Ask them one more time be polite but firm if that doesn't work you could possibly take it further e.g. dog warden but might be just easier all round to get some chainlink wire, chicken wire isn't very strong even for small dogs it tends to rip and bend I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

It is actually a hedge that divides our two gardens. I went around to the neighbour tonight and had a surprisingly amicable conversation. I urged him to put up some chain link on his side - I even offered to help him! He promised to do something about it. We'll see.

Advertisement