Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual Number

Options
  • 11-11-2008 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi

I am wondering is it possible to have a virtual landline number (im in Dublin so 01) that diverts calls to my mobile? I don't need to make any outgoing calls on it,just to receive/forward calls to my mobile.
    If anyone has any info on this or has done it themselves id like to know the costs and what i need to set it up!?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

blueface.ie

I've set up an office at home and gotten a number with blueface. I also got an IP phone that connects to my router. If it's not answered it diverts to my mobile.

You can get a number for any area - so if you're, say, in Cork you can get a Dublin 01 number if that's what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Thanks fella's

Im in Dublin and so would 95% of customers.Do i need some sort of landline to set this up as i only have a mobile?

Lanod2407...is blueface exspensive? i take it there is a charge for diverting the call or is there just a charge per month/year?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

I paid out 215 to get set up - that included the phone kit.
    Believe the annual sub is 99 euro - but that's for a residential contract. I got one of those as I dont think I'd be using it that much and the commercial was much more expensive. The €99 covers landline to landline calls for the year. You can also pay per month for 9.99 or something like that - it's all on the site.

The fee for diverts is standard landline to mobile rates for the duration of the call. You need to have credit on your account

It works for me as I need a landline for the office that's in my home but not one that's getting answered by the kids. Important to have a landline number on your documentation - a mobile alone takes away from credibility.

I list my mobile first on documentation, emails etc as people usually call the first number ............

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Thats great,thanks for the help,i will check them out.
    I really just want to have a landline number not just my mobile and i wouldn't want to use the house number,so i think this is the easiest way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement