Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ep3 civic type r

Options
  • 11-11-2008 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Looking at getting a ctr hopefully a jdm version but cant seem to find any clean ones. Starting to look at importing one my self, but I don’t have a clue how to go about it. If any body has imported a car from Japan and has any tips the help will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

HA wrote: »
    Looking at getting a ctr hopefully a jdm version but cant seem to find any clean ones. Starting to look at importing one my self, but I don’t have a clue how to go about it. If any body has imported a car from Japan and has any tips the help will be much appreciated.

Its been well documented with loads of people sharing there experiences, do a search here, on google and on other car forums such as http://www.dtdirl.com and you'll find more information than you could ever want

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

I would'nt bother with a CTR, go for an Integra DC5 instead.. looks better, handles better.. and you will get a clean one for around €13 or €14k

As for importing one yourself.. its a long winded waste of time unless you want to get a new 07 or 08 Saloon CTR, theres a few of those on sale for around €35k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

draffodx wrote: »
    Its been well documented with loads of people sharing there experiences, do a search here, on google and on other car forums such as http://www.dtdirl.com and you'll find more information than you could ever want

+1, plenty of information on how to do it on dtdirl.com
    Tenzor07 wrote: »
    I would'nt bother with a CTR, go for an Integra DC5 instead.. looks better, handles better.. and you will get a clean one for around €13 or €14k

As for importing one yourself.. its a long winded waste of time unless you want to get a new 07 or 08 Saloon CTR, theres a few of those on sale for around €35k

The OP asked about importing a CTR. He didnt ask for an opinion on his choice of car :rolleyes:
    And why is importing a car yourself a waste of time? Another useless post in this forum from a keyboard warrior :rolleyes:
    I know plenty of people who have imported cars themselves from Japan and saved money on them, even on 10 or 12 year old CTR's and ITR's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

See my sig for another great source of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

I've a long post here about how i recently done it -->

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055416931

• Advertisement

Bryn wrote: »
    The OP asked about importing a CTR. He didnt ask for an opinion on his choice of car :rolleyes:
    And why is importing a car yourself a waste of time? Another useless post in this forum from a keyboard warrior :rolleyes:
    I know plenty of people who have imported cars themselves from Japan and saved money on them, even on 10 or 12 year old CTR's and ITR's

Ok, well thats my opinion so im giving it and check your own facts before you question mine. Your driving an UKDM ITR so hardly an expert on Jap imports.

Why Import a car when theres a large selection of clean EP3's in Ireland that you can test drive, rather then spending time flicking around Japanese auction sites looking at cars. Waiting 2 months for it to arrive, paying more VRT than one thats been in the country etc.
    Also the recessions effect means that there are good deals to be had out there. Where as in Japan car prices are staying the same
    as well as the fact that the value of the Euro is fluctuating against the Yen means if you import a car it could be loosing value on the long boat trip over alone!

Ok, well thats my opinion so im giving it and check your own facts before you question mine. Your driving an UKDM ITR so hardly an expert on Jap imports.

Check my facts? Where are my facts wrong? I never brought my car into it, you did. Whether my car is an Irish car or a Jap import has nothing to do with this conversation.
    Why Import a car when theres a large selection of clean EP3's in Ireland that you can test drive, rather then spending time flicking around Japanese auction sites looking at cars. Waiting 2 months for it to arrive, paying more VRT than one thats been in the country etc.
    Also the recessions effect means that there are good deals to be had out there. Where as in Japan car prices are staying the same
    as well as the fact that the value of the Euro is fluctuating against the Yen means if you import a car it could be loosing value on the long boat trip over alone!

Out of all the EP3's in this country, the majority are UKDM EP3's. So finding a nice clean Jap EP3 can prove difficult. The Japanese model is a superior car. I do agree on the point that with the recession, there are good deals out there. But there is still every opportunity to get a better deal by importing yourself. And if you do your research, you can pick up very very clean cars coming in from Japan and get much better value for money. There are also plenty of people out there who will do all the crappy work of sorting out the paperwork, shipping, insurance etc for a small fee

With the value of the Yen rising and the price of cars staying the same in Japan.. add in your VRT.. Shipping and admin costs then your not saving much.. id rather buy one here or in the UK and be able to drive it home today rather than wait over a month all to save a couple of hundred Euro!

Check sites like Pistonheads.. theres a 290BHP Supercharged CTR on sale there and the price is coming down as the value of the UK£ declines..

Anyways enough said..

If there's anyone out there who has recently imported a CTR from Japan and its worked out much cheaper, then post here.. and not someone who know's a guy who's mate's brother imported one and saved €€€'s(last year):rolleyes:

With the value of the Yen rising and the price of cars staying the same in Japan.. add in your VRT.. Shipping and admin costs then your not saving much.. id rather buy one here or in the UK and be able to drive it home today rather than wait over a month all to save a couple of hundred Euro!

Check sites like Pistonheads.. theres a 290BHP Supercharged CTR on sale there and the price is coming down as the value of the UK£ declines..

Anyways enough said..

If there's anyone out there who has recently imported a CTR from Japan and its worked out much cheaper, then post here.. and not someone who know's a guy who's mate's brother imported one and saved €€€'s(last year) :rolleyes:

You talk an awful lot of rubbish.
    Check my facts? Where are my facts wrong? I never brought my car into it, you did. Whether my car is an Irish car or a Jap import has nothing to do with this conversation.

You tell me to check my facts and then ignore me when i ask where my facts are wrong
    Out of all the EP3's in this country, the majority are UKDM EP3's. So finding a nice clean Jap EP3 can prove difficult. The Japanese model is a superior car. I do agree on the point that with the recession, there are good deals out there. But there is still every opportunity to get a better deal by importing yourself. And if you do your research, you can pick up very very clean cars coming in from Japan and get much better value for money. There are also plenty of people out there who will do all the crappy work of sorting out the paperwork, shipping, insurance etc for a small fee

Did you even read my post at all before you went off on a little rant about how the value of the Yen is rising?

A JDM EP3 is a more superior car than a UKDM EP3, this is obviously reflected in the price. And this can be seen on carzone or carbuyersguide. JDM EP3's fetch a higher price than UKDM EP3's. So it is pointless trying to compare the price of buying a UKDM EP3 here or in England to importing a JDM EP3 straight from Japan.

The OP also stated that he wanted the JDM version. And that he is looking at importing one himself. He asked for importing advice. He didnt ask you whether you would be happier getting one from Ireland or England and having it in the next couple of days without saving any money.

Oh and by the way, there are very few people who post in here, as can be seen from the very few posts each day. So the chance of somebody who recently imported one seeing this thread is slim. Seeing as there are so few JDM EP3's in the country

Advertisement