Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What format is this radiator? (pic attached)

Options
  • 11-11-2008 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi,

I have single rads in the house. I would like to replace them with double rads. See the pic attached. Can I get double radiators for this plumbing configuration and if so does anyone know where?

thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's a standard rad. They can be piped to the top or bottom (diagonally top to bottom is apparently the best way according to the nerds that write the books:)) . When you buy a rad it you will have a set of valves and 2 blanks (one will have the vent).

Yoiu can keep it the way it is by useing the two blanks on the left hand side of the rad or run one of the pipes along the bottom and pipe both to the bottom of the rads, but if you are happy with the way it looks now just repipe the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

Thanks for the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

Out of curiousity, are the spacings between the valves on the right of the radiator standard? That is, if I was to buy any typical double rad, would the space between the valves in the new rad be the same as the current older one?
    Just asking to see if a bit of plumbing work is required as well as replacing the rad. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭enmac

looks like a concept 50 rad supplied by heatmerchants

Advertisement