Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grieving - Tattoo Suggestions

• 11-11-2008 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi everyone, I am completly new - please go easy on me ;), so here it goes.

I am looking help re a design for a tattoo - I had a miscarriage during the year and really feel I want a tattoo to represent the baby I lost. I was thinking along the lines of a crying angel/fairy/tears and I googled same but all i can see are scary looking tats. I would like something feminine, small but pretty but I just can't seem to see one that I want.

Any recommendations/ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

awh, so sorry to hear that :(

There are loads of fairy tattoo ideas here. If you find one you like, go chat to a tattoo artist and they can work with you to create a design you like! Good luck!

Fairy Tattoos

Edit: Loads of those have really crap faces.

This is really pretty imo
    Broken.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

Sorry to hear that :(

Thought this one was quite nice

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2285/1532579977_5a5b2ca7d5.jpg

If i see anymore nice ones around i will post them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Check out fairy books by googling Brian Froud, decent fairies are very hard to do unless you go quite large to get a good amount of detail. you might see some nice ones on bmezine.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I found more pretties! Different styles

1063258473_ersadfairy.jpg

SadFairy.jpg

SadFairy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

i know where u are coming from, i would sugest maybe a flower with a pixie sleeping in it, as in letting sleeping babes ly. Beleive me it does get easier.

I would also go for a position that u know its there but its not on full view, maybe tummy by ur hips, when u find a pic u will know in ur heart that its the right one for u ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Sorry to hear that.

Along with the others i would suggest looking at some images you find appealing. Have a good long hard think about, print out some images, bring em to a decent artist and see what they can do for you.

Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

sorry to hear of your loss... you didnt happen to get a wee print of the hands and feet by any chance? i know some hospitals give em.. perhaps it would make a good tattoo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Lilliput69 wrote: »
    i know where u are coming from, i would sugest maybe a flower with a pixie sleeping in it, as in letting sleeping babes ly. Beleive me it does get easier.

I'd second that, and here's a nice sleeping fairy style one I found:
    Sleeping_Fairy___Done_by_rubymoon_design.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Really sorry to hear about your loss OP.

This might sound a bit cliched but I remember seeing a tattoo of a pair of hands holding a baby with the words "In Gods Hands" underneath it.

When we had our loss we named a star after the baby and my wife got a tattoo associated with the constellation that the star was in.

Maybe something like that might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 broken123

Thank you for the lovely replies and ideas..... wow thank you I really like the sleeping fairy/pixie idea....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 tatt chic

my friend had a still born, she got a side view angel of herself, basically just changed the face, very realisitic looking and she was holding a sleeping baby. its just beautiful, she got it on the inside of her thigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Op sorry to hear about that the sleeping pixie is lovely.Have a look in Easons at the tattoo mags and you might get some other ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Hi OP. Maybe you would consider a happy angel instead of a sad one. I know you must be very sad right now but i don't think you'll want to remember your baby as being eternally sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

phi3 wrote: »
    Hi OP. Maybe you would consider a happy angel instead of a sad one. I know you must be very sad right now but i don't think you'll want to remember your baby as being eternally sad.

+1 that is why i suggested a sleeping pixie;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hostchecker

I'm trying to think of something really good
    smileyface1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

Hi now how u feel i had a cot death yrs ago my baby would be 22 now, she was 11 months when she died. For her 21st last yr i got my first tattoo on my shoulder of angel wings and her name Kellie underneath.
    I am now going to get my 4th tomorrow.

Advertisement