Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would really appreciate some interpretation on this please. A dream within a dream

Options
  • 11-11-2008 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Ok, I have googled various parts of this dream and managed to kinda figure out what they mean, but piecing the whole thing together and making sense of it...? Well that's not so easy.

I am hoping that maybe someone here, who has a better grasp of dream interpretation, might be able to join the dots and give me their verdict.

Basically, I had a dream within a dream. In the dream (within the dream) I popped through some tube (kinda like the pipes they have in Mario brothers) and when I popped out the other side I met my Aunty Pauline, who died just over 2 years ago.

When I saw her I said "Oh Pauline", and she says, as matter of fact as can be, "Yeah, Pauline".
    After that, I can't remember what she said, all I can remember is that she chatted and laughed as though the whole thing was perfectly normal. What stuck with me was that she looked happy and had rosey cheeks and a big smile, and she had her dark hair died back in a pony tail, and was wearing a turquoise top.
    I don't know why, but the colour seemed important to remember.
    Then, I woke up can called my mam to tell her about the dream (as Pauline is her sister) and of course she was asking me if I could remember what Pauline was saying to me, but I couldn't.
    Next thing I know, I wake up for real, and I'm lying there for a few seconds before it all comes back to me, and all I can say is, "Oh, Pauline".
    Of course, just like in the dream (within the dream) I called my mam to tell her about it and, of course, she was asking me could I remember anything that was said. She wasn't annoyed or anything, just to clarify, she was really interested in the dream, but I'm raging I can't remember what she said.

So, any takers? I would absolutely love to know what you make of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Are you an atheist by any chance? Is your mother still upset about the loss of her sister? (assuming Pauline is her sister).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Are you an atheist by any chance? Is your mother still upset about the loss of her sister? (assuming Pauline is her sister).

No, I'm not, and if my mam is still upset you wouldn't know it. I mean she definitely misses her sister, and I am sure she wishes she was still here, but she doesn't get upset as far as I know. She seems ok to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Sorry meant to reply sooner. I thought it might be wish fulfillment, for you to know your Aunt is ok, and to then let your mother know she is so she can move on or not feel so upset. Try remembering what you were thinking about during the day and whether it might be connected to your dream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

ok first I don't go by book or online dream symbols, more by what those symbols might mean to you personally.

Your signature jumped out at me so I take it you are planning a wedding! Weddings are obviously a family oriented event and can certainly arouse strong emotions when we start to think of our loved ones that aren't around to see it (well mine did anyway). Has that been on your mind at all?

I think you popping through the tube was you passing through in to your new married life. Note this is just my opinion and my experience but I think that sometimes when we have lost family or riends we feel a little bit guilty about moving on in life when those people haven't had that opportunity and won't be there to celebrate your moving on. From a rational point of view it doesn't make sense to feel guilty of course and maybe this is what your subconscience was doing with this dream... telling you that it's ok for you to move on and your lost loved ones would be very happy for you. Aunty Pauline may have represented any number of people in your family circle who have passed away and in a sense you are giving yourself permission to be happy without them. What she was saying is probably not important but the fact that she was happy is.

Of course some people would say you actually passed into the other realm and really talked to your aunty Pauline.
    Of course maybe they're right and I am talking utter nonsense:pac:.
    I have no idea what turqoise represents:o. Out of curiosity what kind of explanations did your google searches give you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 cool username

Dreams are just your brains way of working through all the thoughts that go through your head during the day. You fall asleep but your brain keeps working. You are the only one that can interpret your own dreams because they come from your own thoughts.

• Advertisement

Hey, thanks to everyone for their replies!!

I broke down my search like this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Gosh I don't like those interpretations at all Mrs Doyle. I certainly wouldn't waste time worrying about them. Like cool username says you are the only one that can really interpret your own dreams when you look at the symbols within them within the context of what's going on in your everyday life. Book or internet interpretations are irrelevant (as are interpretations from internet fools:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 karl sheridan

Hello ive interpreted a few dreams but this dream you have had seems very clear to me as the symbols seem to match up and compliment each other.
    So this is what I make of your dream:

1)
    Tubing in a dream means to comunicate with spirits as the tube symbol is open at both ends earth and heaven.
    This is further indicated with the tube in association with the drainage pipes in the mario world, you go through them into another world or the spirit world.

This dream is very good and shows a channeling ability that you can develope in order to comunicate with spirits like your aunt pauline.

2)
    The dream uses your aunt as she would be the best person to convey the message of being able to talk to the dead.

The conversation with your aunt and the feeling of it being totally normal is to show you that this ability you have is perfectly normal and can only work or develope if seen that way.

3)
    There is a few symbols your aunt purveys:

Her hair tied up/ponytail ( restricted thinking/block.)

Turquise top ( this is a mixture of the colour blue which means philosophy of life or spirituality, and the colour green which means thinking with your heart or intuition/gut feeling. so turquise is the colour associated with channeling.)

When you put the two symbols together turquise top and the ponytail this becomes the main focus of the dream telling you that you have the comunication ability, but its blocked due to various reasons mainly with the way you think or the lack of spiritual education.

4)
    Waking up in the dream and calling your mother on the phone is about comunication in real life with your mother and may be part of the issue of why you have restricted thinking due to the subject matter, perhaps you should actually have a conversation with your mother about this subject and your aunt, or more conversation is needed.

5)
    Basically the conversation with your aunt is to show more clearly that you can talk to spirits through your intuition but that it is restricted due to issues with your mother and or lack of spiritual education in the feild of channeling (comunication with spirits.)

This is my interpretation I wouldnt worry what it was your aunt was saying because it would probably only verify the rest of the symbols of the dream.

I hope this is some help to you its a good dream and you will most likely have more dreams similar to this one in the future.

Oh wow, that is really interesting. I would love to think that's true because it is actually something I have been told before(the ability to communicate), but never really gave any thought to.

Thanks a million for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it!

Advertisement