Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a pass?

Options
  • 11-11-2008 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Or better yet, what's the story with first year? I'm mixed up with all the new grading letters and scores. Apparently 70% is an A now? And I'm not sure if 40% OR 50% is a pass. I've even heard a whisper of 30% through some situations.:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Your lecturers should have given you the grading schemes for each of your modules at the start of the year as far as I know they're supposed to do this.....although I may be wrong. I have vague memories of some of our lecturers telling us that they had to give us the grading scheme for the module.

Here's a sample one from a module I did.

F 0 – 29
    D2 30 – 34
    D1 35 – 39
    C3 40 – 47
    C2 48 – 51
    C1 52 – 55
    B3 56 – 59
    B2 60 – 63
    B1 64 – 71
    A2 72 – 79
    A1 80 – 100

30% will get you a compensating fail i.e. a D2 so you won't have to repeat the exam (assuming your QCA is above 2.0 with the D2) but it won't do anything for your QCA. Just to be clear you should be going for C3s and above as this is what will get your QCA up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

in first year your qca is reset so you only really have to pass the year

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

that said, your first year QCA is used on your co-op cv

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

for coop your qca is taken from the year before you go on coop from what i was told im going at the end of 2nd year so they use my first year qca but if you go half way through 3rd year then they use your 2nd year qca

you need a 2.4 to go to europe and a 2.6 to go outside europe iirc

Advertisement