Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st time filling in Form 11 - ROS offline - Overpaid amount very low?

• 11-11-2008 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Was wondering if what i'm doing would be correct?
    I've tried filling out the Form 11 offline, and it's giving a final result of Overpaid by x amount (which is very small), I thinking this is what I'll get back?
    i've claimed for service charges and health charges of total 800+, I was under the impression there was a 40% comeback against this, so was expecting 300+ back?

ALso the personal tax credit is showing 2k under the p60 amount?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

medical expenses relief is only at standard rate tax ie 20% (I Think). Your personal tax credit details would of been sent to you at the start or the year, It sounds as if they have you down for something which you haven't now claimed for. Be very careful as you could end up losing that tax credit difference.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Medical Expenses
    If you pay tax at 20% and have expenses of €1,000 in 2007, that's worth €200 to you. If you pay tax at 41%, your refund will come to €410. Its the marginal rate you get the relief on!

Tax credits

Have you claimed both the personal tax credit (automatic) and the PAYE tax credit (need to tick the box in Personal tax Credits section)?

If this does still not bring you up to the total on your P60 you may be entitled to claim expenses which can go in the PAYE?BIK/Pensions section under allowable deductions.

If you ring the PAYE Helpline on 1890222425 they should be able to give a break down of the credits listed on your P60, or it will be on your statement of tax credits issued at start of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Nigel Sage wrote: »
    medical expenses relief is only at standard rate tax ie 20% (I Think).

Medical expenses relief is still at your marginal rate i.e. 20% or 41%. That'll probably be down to 20% next year per the budget.

At a minimum you should have a personal and PAYE tax credit - total of €3,520 for 2007....have a look on your P60 and see what your weekly or monthly tax credit was and multiply by 12 or 52 to get the annual tax credits your employer has on file for you....

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭silversurfer

Thanks for the replies,
    I rang work and got the total for Medical insurance paid by them and this put the final value up.

Thanks,
    s

Advertisement