Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Edwards

Options
  • 11-11-2008 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

what to people think? is he real or fake?

i would love to go see him does anybody know if he has an irish show planned? i see he is doing a show in england in may so he may pop over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mspink

I think he's for real - there's no way he could make up what he comes up with!
    Kicking myself he was in the helix in september and I didn't know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

My brother and his fiancee have been to see him twice and are big fans.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

His show is always interesting, but of course, those things are edited. I like the way he works, though. Would be interesting to see him live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

He is for real, I love the way he works and the analigies he uses to explain things to people, would listen to him talk forever, I was privlidged to go to his show in Dublin in September.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

He is a cold reader heres a link
    http://www.skeptics.com.au/articles/coldread.htm
    He will go towards the audience and say that someone with a name beginning with R or with an r in their name is comming to him. The chances of someone in front of him who know a person that died with an r in their name is great. He has trouble getting the names of dead people trying to contact him yet if they have a message for their loved one he has no trouble understanding it and telling the audience member. He uses letters when he is looking for the audience to give him information, but he can relay a message quickly as the audience member doesn't know what message their dead relative wants to give them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I like this guy. It is a shame that they edit some of these shows as it leaves out what may be the most important parts about how he works and the effort it takes to do the work he is doing. I would love to see a show like this with no editing done....... I would rather have a private sitting than go to a show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

kshiel wrote: »
    I like this guy. It is a shame that they edit some of these shows as it leaves out what may be the most important parts about how he works and the effort it takes to do the work he is doing. I would love to see a show like this with no editing done....... I would rather have a private sitting than go to a show though.
    The main reason his shows are edited is to make him look more acurate in his work. eg. he asks his subject a question they don't know what he is talking about but the subjects answer is edited where they agree with him because its the answer they have given to a different question. This is a video of a famous american psychic making a serious blunder on live tv.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRc4LkBRjIc&feature=related

Sam Kade wrote: »
    The main reason his shows are edited is to make him look more acurate in his work. eg. he asks his subject a question they don't know what he is talking about but the subjects answer is edited where they agree with him because its the answer they have given to a different question. This is a video of a famous american psychic making a serious blunder on live tv.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRc4LkBRjIc&feature=related

And yet again all psychics and Mediums are tared with the one brush........... your intitiled to your opinion Sam Kade and I would respect that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

Im sorry but John Edward does not do cold readings, people have their opinions but in my opinion this guy is for real. I saw him live in Dublin.

Im not going to say if he is real or fake , but i heard somthing about him being caught using an earpiece. But at the end of the day if he gets somthing wrong people will concentrate on that rather then what he gets right .

• Advertisement

Funny enough I heard the same thing about colin Fry..... I suppose rumours like this will always do the rounds, I hope its not true for either of them.

Im not going to say if he is real or fake , but i heard somthing about him being caught using an earpiece. But at the end of the day if he gets somthing wrong people will concentrate on that rather then what he gets right .
    I have no idea about the earpiece thing, but if it has an innocent reason, it could be that its a headpiece presenters have to use to hear producers instructions. If thats what it is, its misguided for someone like him to use one, given the risk of being accused of using it for 'hot' information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

If you have questions about him you should read The Afterlife Experiments. Very,very good book. The expriments he took part in are ligit and rule out cold reading. I get so bored of hearing skeptics go on about cold reading. Genuine mediums are willing to under go proper scientific examination that rules this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

if you ever go to these shows like even a hypnotist show the people it works for nobody knows, its all a fix in my opinion, all actors

ilovecars wrote: »
    if you ever go to these shows like even a hypnotist show the people it works for nobody knows, its all a fix in my opinion, all actors
    If you have ever been to these shows, you might actually feel different about it. Ive also seen mediumship done (and done very well) in a teaching situation, where the possibility of using stooges was nil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

i have been to these shows

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

No way, do people seriously belief in these guys?:eek:

I have some magic beans for sale if anyone would like them.

I lost someone tragically about 3 years ago and was pretty cut up about it. I remember someone advised me to go see one of theses schisters so I could "communicate with her". It was all I could do not to laugh in their face.

These people exploit the vulnerable, compound their grief and extend the healing process indefinitely by giving them false hope instead of letting them get over their loss and move on with their lives. It really grinds my gears watching these fcukers at work.:mad::mad:

Oh yeah, John Edwards; Biggest Douche in the Universe.

ilovecars wrote: »
    i have been to these shows
    So have I. I never felt the people who received messages were plants. First off, if the guy had to pay em all I doubt hed have much left for his wages, second, I think in some cases hed make it more 'wow' factor if hes going to bother with a set up. A lot of the time its extremely convincing, but the information is simple and even mundane. I know if I was setting it up Id make myself look amazing with lots of oooohs and ahhhhs from the crowd.:D Which is why to me it does not ring of set up.

And as Ive said, Ive witnessed it in other circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Nobody REALLY believes this stuff.............. do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

John has been busted in the past by Randi and that lot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement