Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Techno Petition

• 11-11-2008 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Saw this on another forum, it's basically a reaction to an outdoor techno gig that got shut down by the gardai in Waterford during the Spraoi festival, and is an attempt to make techno music (and other forms of dance music) more acceptable in our society. Read the info below, click the link and sign the petition if you agree with the cause.
    Everybody who attended the launch of Tech-Park 2009 'The Build Up' would agree that is was a huge disappointment that it was shutdown half way through as everybody who attended really enjoyed the atmosphere that was present and could get a great sense of the 'Techno Revolution' at hand!

All who attended would also agree that the result of the event being cancelled only amplified the need for this misunderstanding and pre-concieved reality to be resolved.

Now is your chance to make your voice heard and show your support for the cause of the Tech-Park 2009 series! Fizterofosy-Tech Productions has created a new and innovative means by which to generate positive attention as opposed to negative attention, in turn making techno in Ireland more acceptable, respectable and most of accessible to DJ's and party goers alike!

PLEASE CLICK THE LINK, READ THE PETITION, AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO THIS NEW AND VERY POSITIVE CAUSE!

http://www.gopetition.com/online/22982.html

Let’s make a change!!!

its a good cause lads hopefully not only techno enthusiasts will sign it, it would help all genres of dance djs and promotors to not have to fear being singled out and shut down for thier music preference!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭c_o_ck p_i_ss chillage

good idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Why did the gardai shut it down? There must have been a reason i.e. Tech Fest went off without a hitch and gardai had no problem because they were liaising with the promoters regarding the event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

that is one hilariously badly written petition. people should not try to use big words or concepts until they have a basic understanding of grammar and spelling.

i still am trying to find the actual reason for this petition.

publicity maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I have to agree with jtsuited! It all seems like a storm in a tea cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Nive thought but sadly it's not gonna make a blind bit of difference, the Gardai like the Government are living in the dark ages, illegal raves are the only way to go i reckon.;)

• Advertisement

so can anybody please tell me what this is about again, and who it is for?

because it looks like somebody just using 'dem big wurds dat dey use on de news on de telly'. But not actually having anything to say.

answers on a postcard to....

jonny68 wrote: »
    Nive thought but sadly it's not gonna make a blind bit of difference, the Gardai like the Government are living in the dark ages, illegal raves are the only way to go i reckon.;)

hold on a second. if you were to have a gathering of say 150 people in an abandoned warehouse and played easy listening favourites while everyone got drunk the Gardai would shut you down just as quickly.

It has nothing to do with the type of music being played. It's to do with licensing laws, public assembly law, and a load of other laws.

None of which (in this country - it's different in the UK) say 'no techno music'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Fire regulations and public safety? :)

Advertisement