Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents 25th Wedding Anniversary

Options
  • 11-11-2008 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    My parents 25th anniversary is on the 26th of December. They're not big on holidays (well, Dad hates the sun and Mum doesnt like long plane journeys!). Does anyone have any ideas on what we could get? I'd like to do/make something sentimental (sp?). The restaurant where they had their reception is closed that night so that's not even an option! My sister and I are still in college and my bro doesnt make massive money so It'd have to be something fairly reasonable. I havent spoken to the other 2 but Im willing to put in about 100 euro or so, so It'd be in or around 300 to spend.
    Any help???
    Thanks,
    Jeapy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Family portrait style things are nice ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

25th is silver why not a pic of them on wedding day in silver frame. Thats what i got my parents for their silver. 40th for them next year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 whytie99

Do a camcorder family round robin interview with each of you answering 4 or 5 questions (favourite memory of Mom, Dad, etc, things you did as teenagers they don't know about that would have freaked them at the time). They'll love it and probably get you about 10,000 brownie pts...

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

seanybiker wrote: »
    25th is silver why not a pic of them on wedding day in silver frame. Thats what i got my parents for their silver. 40th for them next year :)

I was thinking about something like this. They were young when they married, 20 and 21 and their only weddin pics are 2 that are about 6"x4". Id love to enlarge one and maybe put it on a canvas but I dont know if it'd be possible! Ill look into it! Thanks for the ideas everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

My parents have there 25th wedding anniversay next year aswell, does anyone else have any other ideas ??? I do like the film idea,but just wondering if there is any other ideas floating around..

thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dekky

probably not everyone's cup of tea, but my parents are v. religous, and for a recent big anniversary we organised a priest friend of theirs to give them a blessing (but not a whole renewel of vows thing) ... they loved it... lots of happy tears:)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Dekky wrote: »
    probably not everyone's cup of tea, but my parents are v. religous, and for a recent big anniversary we organised a priest friend of theirs to give them a blessing (but not a whole renewel of vows thing) ... they loved it... lots of happy tears:)

Aw that's sweet that they loved it! Mine wouldn't be into that at all, but thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated!

Advertisement