Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creative Zen Vision W 60GB

• 11-11-2008 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Mine will only boot into recovery mode, and if I go to Clean Up/Format All/Reload Firmware all I get is a message saying "Hard Disk Error"

Does anyone know where I could get it repaired in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hi folks.

I just thought I'd bump this, I still have this sitting in my drawer in work, and when I went to Creative themselves, they were no help whatsoever.

Does anyone know anything about these things?

bugger that tbh.

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭donnchaw

Same thing happened with mine and replacing the hard drive fixed it, its actually very easily done if you can find another harddrive somewhere. In general i found them to be quite suspect as the screen had previosuly broken on mine as well, definitely wouldnt buy one again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 redskins67

Des,

If you cant get it fixed would you consider selling it broken?
    I broke the screen on mine & I could try to do a bodge!!

max

• Advertisement

redskins67 wrote: »
    Des,

If you cant get it fixed would you consider selling it broken?
    I broke the screen on mine & I could try to do a bodge!!

max

Where do you live?

I work in Dublin CC.

Make me an offer :)

Des,

I dont know what it is worth but I can get a screen for about 5 euro on ebay. I would only be buying it for spare parts in the future.

Max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

Had a tumble at the weekend, managed to break the screen and scuff the hell out of the surround for my new Zen x-fi. I'm happy to have a go at replacing the screen but don't know where to buy one. Anyone have any suggestions?

Redskins67: do you have a link to a supplier on ebay?

Cheers

Maconalli,

I dont know much about the Zen x-fi. But I have a Zen Vision M 60gb,
    I bought the same type of Player which was damaged (hard drive problem) from an ebay user and I replaced the screen myself which was quite easy.

I got a tutorial from youtube by just typing in ''Replacing a Zen Vision Screen'' and it took me through it step by step.

As I said I don't know if this is possible with the Zen x-fi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

Cheers for the tip, will give that a go. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Des Hynes

I need to replace my Headphones for my Zen X Fi, anyone know where I can buy them or good alternative headphones that don't break easily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭bongotime

same thing happened to my mates one

Advertisement