Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream about dead mum

Options
  • 11-11-2008 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

hi all, im not one to really believe in the paranormal but this has really changed my out look. im not religious but i do believe there is a power stronger than us.

my mum committed suicide when I was 11-12 years old, she was depressed & saw that was the way out, it took me a while to forgive, but depression is a major in her side of the family.

I have a 16 month old daughter & about 10 months ago I was really depressed about my mother missing her & wishing she was here to see her granddaughter.

one night I woke up semi conscious and I could see on the extension roof the back of angel kneeling down (it was sort of like a hologram) I quickly fell back asleep, thought nothing of it

any way 2 days later I had another dream but I was in st annes park sitting on a bench & I was talking to my mother it was so REAL she said my daughter name & she was saying how proud she was of me. the fact is the dream or what ever it was unbelievable real.

was that a message from her?
    has anybody had any similar incidents

would going to a medium or dream analysis shed more light

thanks for reading

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 summerbaby

Its definitely a message from your mother and you must have been open minded enough to get it or she wouldn't have been able to get through to you. Its a very special message and hopefully will give you peace with her and to know that she's watching over you is very comforting. I don't think you need to see a dream analysist but if you would like to hear from your mum again, try going to a good medium. Do not go see a fortune teller!

does St. Annes Park have a meaning to you or your mum that you can remember, try talking to her family and see. I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

yup... message.

My mam passed on when i was 2, i've met her and spoken to her twice in my dreams. A few years ago now, but it was when i needed her she came along to put me straight :) It was very overwhelming but very real...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

It sounds like a communication to me. As a medium I come across this type of thing all the time. Our loved ones are showing us signs and trying to communicate with us all the time, but we need to see and understand the signs they are showing us.

The easiest way for our loved ones to contact us is when we are in a dream state. The concious mind is in a still quiet space which allows us to open up and recie communications from the spirit world.

Going to a medium may give you more insight, but as a medium as I said I would never guarantee that a particular person would cone through. I did a reading the other day and the persons father in law came through who she never got on with, but came with a message that made perfect sence for her about her current situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

As poster said sleep is when the mind sits sill and makes it easier for communciation to happen.

If this experience has set your mind to rest and has given you the peace of mind you have been looking for I would say just be happy in what it brought to you and enjoy. IMO I dont think you need to see either for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭The-Star

I am so glad you remember talking to your Mum. At night our soul leaves our body and astral travels. You know it has happened when you can remember clear details the following day. I bet you can still 'feel' what it felt like and this will remain with you unlike a dream where the details fade. Well done. I also feel that your Mum has also forgiven herself enought to come back to you.......:):)
    ps. when we are really relaxed ie between sleep and being awake we can see angels and if you have the gift your Mum.xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

It does sound like a real experience. Thank your Mum for making the great effort.
    It is at the time when our everyday mind is quiescent that communication is more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

The-Star wrote: »
    I am so glad you remember talking to your Mum. At night our soul leaves our body and astral travels. You know it has happened when you can remember clear details the following day. I bet you can still 'feel' what it felt like and this will remain with you unlike a dream where the details fade. Well done. I also feel that your Mum has also forgiven herself enought to come back to you.......:):)
    ps. when we are really relaxed ie between sleep and being awake we can see angels and if you have the gift your Mum.xx

thanks for the reply, and yes i can remember it as clear as anything what we said what she was wearing etc. it felt to real to be just a dream. its something i wont forget and with that vision its really opened my mind to, there is more to life than us etc etc.

thanks to eveyone that responded and have took time to read the post

mark

Advertisement