Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kick off time Sat at Croke Park?

• 11-11-2008 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Just wondering what time the game starts Saturday and best way to get there from the city (live in D4 on Dart)

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

5:15 kickoff.

I'm no Dublin Jackeen but perhaps the Dart as far as Connolly and walk the rest? It looks at being my plan at the moment with a couple of pints along the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Get a 46A from Donnybrook as far as Parnell Square and walk the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'd go with DART as far as Connolly and walk myself. If the weather isn't great the traffic will be awful and a bus will take ages getting through the city. You wont gain much by going the 46a route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Pfft, only if you leave an hour before kick off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Get the DORT ffs!! Much handier than some stinky bus full of plebs. Walk from Donnybrook to Sandymount Dart station - 10 minutes - Wait for DART - 5 minutes - Dart from Sandymount to Connolly - 10 minutes - Walk from Connolly to Croke park - 10 minutes - 35 minute travel time.

I've spent more time than that waiting for a bus, never mind waiting for it to get up O'Connell st.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Thanks for that! Landsdowne Road is our station (from Landsdowne to Croke, how 'Rugby'!:rolleyes:!!

Ah, a late kickoff, thought it may have been a 2pm or something, so that means he would have time to go to paintball in Bray and get attacked by all the staff and 'beaten to a pulp':p

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Step_toe

dont listen to the boggers, go to drumcondra station, it is closer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Yep, if you can get to Drumcondra that would be much closer. Plus, you can more or less head next door to Quinns for a few....if you can get in the door that is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

The Dart doesn't go to Drumcondra. A comuter train to Maynooth does however, but they are don't run that often. However they do stop at Landsdowne. Not sure if the train station in Drumcondra will be open on big match days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

The commute train to Maynooth runs often enough. Just check the timetable for Saturday and you should have no problems, I think they are roughly every 30 minutes on a Saturday. See no reason why Drumcondra Station wouldn't be open, it has been open for other match days.

• Advertisement

Yeah but usually you'd have to get off at Pearse and switch trains to get onto the Maynooth line. Somebody said it may stop at Lansdowne...but we didn't know her stop was Lansdowne did we!! :p

It's more complicated doing that way....just get the normal DART and there'll be big crowds walking up to the game from Connolly, no ones going to get lost or anything. Plus Drumcondra isn't so significantly closer that you should plan your travel around it! It's a 5 minute shorter walk tops!! What's 5 minutes when they're probably going to be having a few beers or waiting around the ground anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

The Dart doesn't go to Drumcondra. A comuter train to Maynooth does however, but they are don't run that often. However they do stop at Landsdowne. Not sure if the train station in Drumcondra will be open on big match days.
    The only suitable Bray-Maynooth train on saturday is the 15:49 from Lansdowne road.

Its not a long walk from city centre anyway to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Walk from Donnybrook to Sandymount Dart station -

The OP said D4. Which includes Sandymount & Ringsend & Irishtown. Why assume Donnybrook :rolleyes: ?

TarfHead wrote: »
    The OP said D4. Which includes Sandymount & Ringsend & Irishtown. Why assume Donnybrook :rolleyes: ?

Because I was talking to Amz who gets the bus from Donnybrook. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

TarfHead wrote: »

Because no self respecting rugby fan comes from *snigger* Irishtown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Because I was talking to Amz who gets the bus from Donnybrook. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

Because no self respecting rugby fan comes from *snigger* Irishtown.

That you Ross (O'Carroll Kelly)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Amz wrote: »
    나쁜

왜 나빠 ?

Advertisement