Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More pics from Abram's Star Trek

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Tbh as it stands the ship looks far to short would of been fine if the neck connected abit closer to the front and the engines pylons swept back a tad but ill deal with it if the films good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think the ship looks incredible. I wonder when we will see the trailer in the cinemas in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

bollox - thats not the enterprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Not bad, not bad at all.

It's definitely the Enterprise, though everything looks a little close together (bagsy not having my quarters in the section that's basically touching the damn warp nacelles).

Maybe it's the angle.

Apart from that though it looks like a nice mix of this and that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Looks OK but really why not just make it the same? The changes seem a bit pointless.

FYI Major, major, MAJOR plot spoilers over at trekweb:
    http://trekweb.com/articles/2008/11/11/Four-Scenes-of-NewnbspStar-Trek-Movie-Revealed-Major-Spoilers.shtml
    I genuinely wish I had'nt read them. I will say that IMHO they dont sound too bad at all but don't spoil it for your self!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Looks OK but really why not just make it the same? The changes seem a bit pointless.
    Because the old one is very much a product of its time? If you're not going to make changes, why bother doing anything at all?

Because the old one is very much a product of its time? If you're not going to make changes, why bother doing anything at all?

But they seem to have only made a few, cosmetic changes. I mean this new one is not in any substantial way different from the TOS one as far as I can see. So why bother? Probably the inside will be a lot different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

But they seem to have only made a few, cosmetic changes. I mean this new one is not in any substantial way different from the TOS one as far as I can see. So why bother? Probably the inside will be a lot different.
    It couldn't be radically different, because people will still be going with certain expectations that need to be met. The movie seems to be an updating of the frachise, so something familiar yet suitably futuristic looking would be called for.

The refitted Enterprise really didnt need any sort of changes does anyone think it's an ugly ship design? all it needed was some touch up's to take advanage of todays cgi but instead of letting it the hell alone they felt some bizzare need to **** with it in some what minor fashion (moveing bits closer together) screwing up the lines and looks of the ship no doubt they did ths just because they had to put their own touch on it.

... so something familiar yet suitably futuristic looking would be called for.
    I'm glad you agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

bizmark wrote: »
    The refitted Enterprise really didnt need any sort of changes does anyone think it's an ugly ship design? all it needed was some touch up's to take advanage of todays cgi but instead of letting it the hell alone they felt some bizzare need to **** with it in some what minor fashion (moveing bits closer together) screwing up the lines and looks of the ship no doubt they did ths just because they had to put their own touch on it.

You really what to see the old TOS television series ship flying about on the big screen?

And they couldn't have simply used the movie-era refit because it's set decades before that.

New design isn't perfect - I do hope things look a little more spaced at a better angled - but it does look like a fine update of the original, and still something that could be feasibly adapted into the movie refit at a "later date".

No i want to see the refitted enterprise flying around with some changes thats basicly what it is anyway just with a more tapered secondary hull different warp neccels and less swept back struts / pylons which is pefectly fine! its basicly what they did for the first movie anyway but christ just move the neck forward it would be perfect then imho

Goodshape wrote: »
    And they couldn't have simply used the movie-era refit because it's set decades before that.

With respect, given that Chekov, Uhura, Sulu and Kirk are all now apparently the same age and that Romulans are apparently well-known to the Federation I very much doubt that anyone is paying close attention to the exact dates of starship design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I like the design of the nacelles but they are way to close to the saucer section, they should be angled diagonally a little bit more perhaps. Overall it looks nice and substantial, fitting its era well, high tech but still a bit heavy.

Advertisement