Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Tilt connection issues?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

Anyone else having these?
    Keep getting disconnected every 5-10 mins for 20-30 secs at a time. I've never experienced this before. Played the Sunday FTOPs and wasnt disconnected once, but yesterday and today have been a disaster. My Internet connection is grand, no issues with stars. So Tilting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

I've had disconnection probs last while as well.. it basically happens where the action freezes and I get a pop up screen telling me they are connecting me... the one with the deck flipping over... it just stays like that for ages...

Now here's a turn up for the books... I have 6 i poker tables going and 2 full tilt ones... ipoker stays connected without a problem but full tilt boots me out ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Macspower wrote: »
    I've had disconnection probs last while as well.. it basically happens where the action freezes and I get a pop up screen telling me they are connecting me... the one with the deck flipping over... it just stays like that for ages...

Now here's a turn up for the books... I have 6 i poker tables going and 2 full tilt ones... ipoker stays connected without a problem but full tilt boots me out ... :)

what's seldom is wonderfull I guess......:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Bor having them too, as are others I saw on another poker forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Yeah thats exactly what has been happening to me, sent me on uber tilt last night, played in the $216 FTOPS Turbo event!!, despite the fact i knew connection problems were happening (Cos i'm a fkn Degen), rather predictably i diconnected while holding AA in SB with a 3bet coming into me. Cue mad monkey tilt. Inevitable i guess.
    Pretty funny tourney, over in just about 3 hours, $100K for first, LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

taraldarion is my bro and yes its driving me mental, ive been a member for 1 year at tilt and this crap has happened around 8/9 times at least.................every 20 seconds i get the popup and im not joking, its been happening constantly since 3pm today and yesterday evening too............usual story, everything else is working fine online but im not a member at any other site for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

same security providers by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭WECpoker

Full Tilt has had these known issues for some time and just havent gotten around to fixing them cause they are in a hurry to get all the money they can before US players are stopped from playing :eek:

They just arent spending the money to fix some big problems they have

Have you ever visited their web site? They cant even get that to load properly

Basically, whenever FTP has LARGE events (player wise), they have a ton of connection and speed issues. Some players are just super laggy, some players miss hands, some players get kicked off, and other expericence all of the above.

I have found one solution for these events when I play........When the event starts- (1) immediately shut down the Tournament Lobby and (2) keep the FTP Lobby minimized

I have not had any problems since utilizing these solutions....when I decide to check and see if I can safely open up the tourny lobby since it works so well....it seems to immediately boot me...so I stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Are disconnection problems standard on FT? I never played there but was planning to open an account this week....main reason is that I like antes on tourneys and iPoker doesn't have antes. I also like the avatars :D

But there is nothing that piss me off more than getting disconnected during a game....it not only cost me the buy in, but potentially having to buy a new laptop every time :mad:

Are these issues only temporary? I have an NTL connection, anyone using NTL having problems?

Thank you.

Just wonder if FT still has connection problems? I am planning to open an account this evening if connection is ok.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

TripleAce wrote: »
    Just wonder if FT still has connection problems? I am planning to open an account this evening if connection is ok.....

I've never had problems on it anytime I played. Sure open one yourself and try it out. Play a play money tournament or something and see how it goes. It may well work for someone on here and now work so well for you.

• Advertisement

dont get me wrong, ive not had any issue with ftilt for 3 months, its just on occasions i just lose my buy in to a tourney or the connection is so bad you cant get a game going for 3/4 days at a time................just to let you know, the customer is support is email only and to be kind, is SHOCKING. You could easily wait 3 weeks for a reply, thats if you get a reply at all, no joke, check the full tilt forum if you dont believe me..........

on the up side, the game play and range of games is the best in imo............if your going to make a deposit, make sure you check out the newcomers 10k freeroll, its usually in the first few days of the following month for uk and irish players only and commonly, it has less than 300 entered for it.

I am making the first deposit now.... standard 600$ - I want to enter bonus code "WHORE" from bonuswhore because it clears at 42%, however when I go to make the deposit it doesn't allow me to enter a bonus code. Is the standard 600$ FT offers cleared also at 42% that you know of?

im not positive on that, all i know is that your deposit bonus will be accrued to your account in 10 % increments..........all other promos/bonuses your getting can be seen from the cashier tab............in cidentally, my connection isnt quite as bad as the last few days, only disconnecting every 10 mins at the moment :(:)

on the bonus code, my deposit page will appear differently to yours as i cant enter a bonus code now obv but there should be a place on your page to enter a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

TripleAce wrote: »
    I am making the first deposit now.... standard 600$ - I want to enter bonus code "WHORE" from bonuswhore because it clears at 42%, however when I go to make the deposit it doesn't allow me to enter a bonus code. Is the standard 600$ FT offers cleared also at 42% that you know of?

just amke sure whoever you sign through that you ge tthe 27% rakeback deal available as you cant get this if you already have an account.. I think the 600 is standard

just amke sure whoever you sign through that you ge tthe 27% rakeback deal available as you cant get this if you already have an account.. I think the 600 is standard

Thanks. Do you know by any chance if the rakeback deal of 27% is on top of the 600 bonus? What rakeback % is the sign up bonus cleared at if you don't enter the "WHORE" code? I know with the "WHORE" code is 42% and I wouldn't sign up for anything less (there are way too many high sign-up bonus out there)....problem is although I entered this code when I register the account, it doesn't give me any place to re-enter it when I make my first deposit and I am not sure if it would work. Last thing I want is to end up clearing a sign up bonus at 15% or so :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The Full Tilt connection issues are possibly due to the 'poor chinese hackers' using DDOS attacks on their servers (swamping the servers with crap). Many of the major networks get attacked in this fashion from time to time, but Full Tilt seems to get the worst of it.

tricky D wrote: »
    The Full Tilt connection issues are possibly due to the 'poor chinese hackers' using DDOS attacks on their servers (swamping the servers with crap). Many of the major networks get attacked in this fashion from time to time, but Full Tilt seems to get the worst of it.

Funny...although the DDOS attacks from internet mafia/blackmail groups certainly happen and cripple all the sites from time to time---Any FTP problems from these types are cause they suck at providing proper server capacity/software apparently

BUT FTP has seperate Connection Issues that are WIDESPREAD and NUMEROUS and caused me to remove them from my recommended list (especially since they cause a lot of trouble when trying to get your money back when it is just you and several hundred people being DCd versus a Complete Disconection of the System)

I am putting them back on my recommended list just because we are running out of USA poker sites...but you still have to be quite careful when playing any...

SPECIAL EVENTS that attracts a ton of extra Players to that event.....You will be much less likely to disconnect (or face the inbility to play or see your cards while being connected) if you take the precautions I listed in my post above.

Generally, if you are just playing regular ring (cash) games or regular tournaments there are few connection issues (except that the entire site crashes far to often compared to other major sites)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

FK full tilt imo. Playing there tonight has cost me several $100 due to disconnects. Was fine when i started off, then got deep in a few tourneys and BOOM ... i was disconnected at least once an orbit for various lengths of time, twice while holding KK and faising a raise.(Naturally, Stars was purring away, smooth as ever at the same time)

Needless to say the email i sent to "support" has disappeared into the ether. Full Tilt and the grubby fkn degens who represent em can FK off, i really hope the company crashes and burns. They are a fkn disgrace and they have seen my last cent of rake. Nice little scam they got going, take the rake , treat your customers like ****. How in the hell they manage to compete with stars I have no idea.

/End rant

lol hiveindhoven..........i got an amazing email from tilt today but its another issue, im going to make a new thread on it and post it shortly........they are really taking the p1ss on this one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Still not working?

I got a reply from belin on how to fix our router, will try when i get home.

• Advertisement

great news........i heard something about changing power options in vista to help connection stability via a router but im waiting for a reply to that.......chatya.

It's not that.

:)

You have heard the stories of the guy driving down the street and finds a valuable sack of money in the street that someone left behind...and now this guy lives on easy street having to do barely nothing to keep his wealth

I think that is the perfect analogy to Full Tilt being the most underserving beneficiary of Party and the other popular Euro Sites leaving the US market

Advertisement