Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric shower query

• 12-11-2008 12:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hi, I think this is the right place for this post correct me if I'm wrong. Recently moved into rented accomodation and the house is only a year old and its grand except for one problem.

The water pressure is complete s***te. We dont have electric shower in the house just immersion showers and lately the water is dribbling out of them. Checked the shower head nothing wrong with it its just the pressure but its gotten so bad that I cant even have a decent wash.

So, for anyone in the know, my first question is;
    What causes this problem?Is it something that can be fixed easily and would I have to contact the Landlord to have a plumber check it out?Or can I do it myself?

Our landlord probably wouldnt pay for a electric shower to be installed so My second question is; If it came down to me having to purchase an electric shower where would I get one cheap and roughly how much is the installation cost? And does anyone know anyone who would do a nixer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Most houses where the shower head is too close to the tank level have this problem..thing i dont understand is you say the problem is getting worse..it should be s***e all the time...if other people are drawing the water off i.e flushing toilets, washing downstairs etc. when the shower is being used then this will affect the pressure...
    Dont know the law as regards renting but i'm sure theres a provision for proper washing facilities..i may be wrong..:rolleyes:
    As for putting in a new shower , i think you'd have to o.k. it with the owner..i know he/she's getting a free shower ,but best check with them first..;)
    A decent shower Triton T90 will cost under 300 and expect to pay at least the same for installation..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Spartie

Does anyone know whether there are limits to the number of electric showers, that can be installed in a house.

I was talking to an apprentice-electrician lately and he told me that if I put in 2 triton showers - then only one of them could be used at any one time.

The whole purpose of putting in 2 bathrooms was to avoid shower queues.

He mentioned that there would not be enough power coming into the house and one would have to be disabled when the other was in use.

This seems strange to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You can have as many electric showers as you like. BUT only one can operate at any given time due to current consumption. You also must have a device that ensures that if shower A is running, it's not possible to turn on any others.

The Electrical Forum might be a better place for this question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭enmac

crosstownk wrote: »
    You can have as many electric showers as you like. BUT only one can operate at any given time due to current consumption. You also must have a device that ensures that if shower A is running, it's not possible to turn on any others.

The Electrical Forum might be a better place for this question.

You can use as many power showers as you like simultaneously and I think this is what the op is looking for - a power shower.
    So long as the hot water system is compatible and assuming that its just the pressure thats a problem (and that you have no requirement to heat the water) then there is no need to go with the T90 or similar.

power shower = mixer and pump - approx 150watts - easy install
    pumped electric (T90) = heater and pump - 9500 watts - much more involved install

Advertisement