Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE channels on Grundig Sky Box

• 12-11-2008 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

Forgive me if my query occurs elsewhere on the list. I'm a newbie and I've been reading the last couple of hours but found no solution.

I've just moved into a new apartment in Spiddal Co. Galway. Regular TV reception is atrocious and I pick up only a very noisy RTE 1 and Network 2. No TG4 or other channels.

There's a Satellite dish here running into a Grundig Box. It was left I guess by the previous occupier. Testing it last night here, under the 'all channels' menu I got the message no Satellite Signal. But under the 'other channels' menu I could access BBC and ITV channels. The picture and sound were crystal clear. But no RTE.

Today I can get no channels at all. Just message 29 - 'No Satellite Signal is being received'. My problem is I'm only here on a job for the next 3 months and reading the Sky T&Cs I'd have to agree a 12 month contract.

I'd be happy if I could get the Irish channels. I pay my TV licence so it's disappointing not to even receive the domestic service. Is there some way to receive the non-Sky channels again via the dish and box?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

RTE is only available on satellite if you pay a subscription to sky. Try some rabbit ears or get an aerial installed on the roof but not worth the cost for 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Today I can get no channels at all. Just message 29 - 'No Satellite Signal is being received'.

If you got BBC/ITCV yesterday and "No Signal today", then maybe someone yanked the lead off the dish.

YOu should be able to get all 4 irish stations on an Aerial, but they all week unless you got an external aerial.

Your best bet is the FTA stations if you can reconnect the box to the dish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chicken Licken

Thanks Gerard and Red.

I checked and the cable hasn't come loose. Though I now realise the dish could have been knocked by a man doing work on my balcony door yesterday.

I'll have a go repositioning the dish...

Advertisement