Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 - Nenagh to Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Where did you hear that Tinkerbell? Seems like a lot of work to do on the Castletown to Nenagh Section. I would say that might be 3 months and the Birdhill to Limerick section could be done in one month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    [/B]Stop mixing yeer bogs up there lads and I am really disappointed at whoever mod erroneously renamed this thread :)

The misnomer has been duly amended. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Furet wrote: »
    The misnomer has been duly amended. ;)

Pah! Pandering to the masses - is there an election coming up or something! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭roosterman71

tinkerbell wrote: »
    I've heard a month for the Birdhill to Borris-in-Ossory to open and three months for the bog of doom part to open.

Not a hope will any of this open in a month

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

sturrer wrote: »
    Apparantly the bog will be open on the 3rd Sept 2010

and the road over it to follow when?

just kidding, but seriously, where are you getting that from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,975 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Where did you get that post you quoted from? :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Stark wrote: »
    Where did you get that post you quoted from? :confused:

it was posted a couple of minuted before i quoted it, then the guy replied he heard it from a friend, then he deleted both posts...

so believe what you want from it, heard from a friend doesn't mean a lot after all the stories that have been about this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I reckon they were pouring concrete this morning. I saw one of those concrete pumping lorries with it's boom extended over the site of the Mire.

The cones have all been removed from the Limerick end of the Nenagh bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Deedsie wrote: »
    The cones have all been removed from the Limerick end of the Nenagh bypass.

So its all 2 lanes now, including the railway Bridge ?

• Advertisement

knipex wrote: »

I didn't notice any cones from birdhill junction all the way passed the thurles off ramp untill you get to junction 24 where the Nenagh - Limerick will join up with the Castletown - Nenagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

knipex wrote: »

It's about time! It should have been all completed including the birdhill to limerick section at the start of last year. I'll be happy to see the rest of thhe M7 completed by the end of this year.

I a mad to see an updated photo of the troublesome section. If they have been laying tar this week, it should give us an idea how long after the builders holidays it will take to complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gryff

I a mad to see an updated photo of the troublesome section. If they have been laying tar this week, it should give us an idea how long after the builders holidays it will take to complete?

When you say 'troublesome section' you mean Anaholty bog then they are a good bit away from laying tar .They are at best casting concrete into the rebar frame that has been layed across the exisiting piles as well as the new piles that have been recently sunk... if they work the holidays I think there is a good chance they could finish this work by the end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭trellheim

I'd be interested to know if this isnt just "a sure slam a few more piles down it's bound to hold sometime" or is there some kind of science behind it ?

yes I know theres a big concrete plate or whatever to be build

gryff wrote: »
    When you say 'troublesome section' you mean Anaholty bog then they are a good bit away from laying tar .They are at best casting concrete into the rebar frame that has been layed across the exisiting piles as well as the new piles that have been recently sunk... if they work the holidays I think there is a good chance they could finish this work by the end of August.

Sorry I misread post 1809. I thought that said Tar instead of concrete. Anyone know if they are working through the holidays or closing up camp. Was wondering the same about Castletown - Nenagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Where did you hear that Tinkerbell? Seems like a lot of work to do on the Castletown to Nenagh Section. I would say that might be 3 months and the Birdhill to Limerick section could be done in one month?

Someone I know who is working on it. Now I didn't hear it from them directly but from someone else who was speaking to them so I don't know when they were talking about it (it could've been a while ago). I will try to find out more this weekend!

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Someone I know who is working on it. Now I didn't hear it from them directly but from someone else who was speaking to them so I don't know when they were talking about it (it could've been a while ago). I will try to find out more this weekend!

Thanks Tinkerbell, the sooner it opens the better. Try find out if the builders are on holidays for the next two weeks aswell if you can :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

maybe an indication of holidays..... here

took a couple of shnaps this morning - the concrete section is 1/2 poured - which is great to see.. all the piling is done and the 2nd half is ready for a pour... Also - this section is in reality only about 100m long with perhaps another 50m either side dug up so that in total there is about 300m of road that needs to be built back up once the concrete is finished.. you would imagine that an August finish for this work is well achievable.. You can see in the first pic the concrete 'sitting' on the piles below..

• Advertisement

another one..

i need to learn how to put these pics directly into the post..

I suppose we will know Monday if they are working through the builders holidays. Great pics, and great to see such progress

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

gryff wrote: »
    i need to learn how to put these pics directly into the post..
    you can attached multiple images to the same post.
    In order to put the images "into" the post, you would need to link to them, therefore, they would need to be hosted on some server ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

They were pouring more concrete this morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    They were pouring more concrete this morning.

Anything concrete on the opening date?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭sleepyman

Surely it can't take until the new year to finish 100m of road.They'd know know whether it's sinking or not wouldn't they.I guess they may have been told to get the finger out.How long would it take to get to Limerick from Nenagh with the Bog of doom finished-25 minutes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 danielmcinerney

i think its obvious theyre working flat out to get it done now. but i think the biggest delay will be the time it takes to monitor for further subsidence. however long that will be...

Such a short section couldn't take long? Once the concrete is laid, how long would the tar/black top, median and lining take? I presume there will be no bs of politicians opening this section? When it's done and given the go ahead as safe for road users I presume it will just be opened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭sleepyman

It seems like it's last roll of the dice time.Would the actually work (lined,tarred etc)be finished by September?If they're doing overtime on Sundays then it shouldn't be too long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement