Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 - Nenagh to Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Are they still working on it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

The bollards at the railway bridge at the slip road at the Nenagh part of the bypass have finally been removed this weekend.

I wonder could these have been in place while they tested if there were any issues with the bridge?

These have been in place for a long time so Im wondering would a similar bollard situation be put in place when this section is finished (the mire of gloom)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I wonder was An Taoiseach pissed off on his way to Limerick today when he had to turn off the motorway at Birdhill? Wouldn't it have been nice if he could just take the motorway the whole way from Nenagh.

Ah in fairness it seems they are finally making great progress on the troublesome section. Was hoping a update might be made on this scheme with all the media highlighting the tunnel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 danielmcinerney

Deedsie wrote: »
    I wonder was An Taoiseach pissed off on his way to Limerick today when he had to turn off the motorway at Birdhill? Wouldn't it have been nice if he could just take the motorway the whole way from Nenagh.

an taoiseach probably just got the government jet to shannon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 andykells

bawn79 wrote: »
    The bollards at the railway bridge at the slip road at the Nenagh part of the bypass have finally been removed this weekend.

I wonder could these have been in place while they tested if there were any issues with the bridge?

These have been in place for a long time so Im wondering would a similar bollard situation be put in place when this section is finished (the mire of gloom)?

The contractor had not gotten CIE to pass the bridge. That is why those bollards were in place. Nothing to do with testing the road. As far as i know and it is hear say they hoping for a September opening date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭serfboard

I presume there will be no bs of politicians opening this section? When it's done and given the go ahead as safe for road users I presume it will just be opened?

Given that Nenagh->Birdhill was opened with no fanfare at all you could be right - however, never underestimate the ability of politicians to avail of an opportunity to get their mugs in the media.

Mind you, they could just be honest and say that it was opened late "due to considerable difficulties in construction" or words to that effect.

Can someone tell me, is the rest of it absolutely 100% ready to go? All barriered, lined, painted, signed, landscaped etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bacon&cabbage

serfboard wrote: »

Can someone tell me, is the rest of it absolutely 100% ready to go? All barriered, lined, painted, signed, landscaped etc.?

There is still a gap in the central barrier where the Nenagh -Limerick scheme and the SRR 1 scheme meet, nothing more than a mornings work though. There's probably a little more line painting to be done at this end also.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭sleepyman

The american chap from the NRA was on Matt Cooper today-said the bog section would be finished by October.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bacon&cabbage

sleepyman wrote: »
    The american chap from the NRA was on Matt Cooper today-said the bog section would be finished by October.

Link

http://www.radioireland.ie/lastword/2772010-17.wmv

Do the engineers here feel that it would even take untill October to get this section done? I understand they will have to monitor the section for a while but it could hardly tale that long for construction? They have no traffic management to deal with! It's a closed site well removed from the public.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Thanks for that. I didn't know that hauliers can claim 60% of toll costs against tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭clarelad

Hi,

Could someone tell me what the current journey time is from limerick to dublin with all the new roads,have not been up there in a long time...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭MYSTICA1

It depends on time of day, speed you drive etc. Usually takes me around 2 hours 15 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Ballysimon to Redcow about 2 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭trellheim

UL to Dublin 4 2 hours 45, 2h15 to the Red Cow. that was last week, starting at UL at 1730. Estimate knocking 15-20 mins off that lot when both remaining sections open up. toomevara etc and roscrea being bypassed will really speed things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

trellheim wrote: »
    UL to Dublin 4 2 hours 45, 2h15 to the Red Cow. that was last week, starting at UL at 1730. Estimate knocking 15-20 mins off that lot when both remaining sections open up. toomevara etc and roscrea being bypassed will really speed things up.

15 minutes of that was probably trying to get to Finnegan's ?

Has anyone been down on site lately? Would be class to get a few pics? I might try myself over the long weekend.

The last thirty-three posts have been moved to the Limerick Tunnel thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

Furet wrote: »
    The last thirty-three posts have been moved to the Limerick Tunnel thread.

Ahh, the Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend - always great for doing a bit of housekeeping! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Myra Gloom

Has anyone been down on site lately? Would be class to get a few pics? I might try myself over the long weekend.

I was down at the site today. Looks like all the concrete has been poured (no evidence of any exposed rebar any more). All the machinery is gone, so I guess that they are off for at least the long weekend, if not more.

I'm no structural engineer, but I wouldn't imagine that there would be any more than a few weeks work left in it to re-lay the sub-surface and put down the hard top.

No pics I'm afraid....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

A user posting under the name of Myra Gloom on THIS THREAD OF ALL OF THEM has to be an alt. Who is it ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

A user posting under the name of Myra Gloom on THIS THREAD OF ALL OF THEM has to be an alt. Who is it ;)

That would be Sponge! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

mods can confirm it ain't :D

Users should be aware that having more than one account, and for feck acting at that, will earn you a siteban. That's not a policy of mine or Blunt or tech2; it is an Admin policy.

Secondly... speculating as to the identity of a poster isn't really a very welcoming thing for a new poster to have to put up with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It still ain't me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭luohaoran

Yesterday, I was down looking at the current state of play at Annaholty. It seems that they are progressing quickly.

The new extra wide section of reinforced concrete capping the full width of the previously sinking section is complete. But I couldn't help but notice that some parts of it were less than flat!!
    Not quite as dramatic as the step that formed over the similar structure at Drominaboy, but worryingly buckled I'd have to say.

Sorry, no photos.

That will be one tough piece of concrete to dig out, at some future point in time.

luohaoran wrote: »
    Yesterday, I was down looking at the current state of play at Annaholty. It seems that they are progressing quickly.

The new extra wide section of reinforced concrete capping the full width of the previously sinking section is complete. But I couldn't help but notice that some parts of it were less than flat!!
    Not quite as dramatic as the step that formed over the similar structure at Drominaboy, but worryingly buckled I'd have to say.

Sorry, no photos.

That will be one tough piece of concrete to dig out, at some future point in time.

Hopefully there will be no more digging out at this spot. So I don't understand, what is left to do? Are they working today did anyone notice the gates open?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gryff

They were blazing away today... the concrete is fully poured along the complete section and painted with some kind of black gunk... im sure theres a technical name for it.. there's a material layer on top of this and the first 200mm layer of fill was being applied and rolled today..

Am I off my box to think this could conceivably open by the end of August? It will just be so handy when it officially opens up to the public.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭123easy

Am I off my box to think this could conceivably open by the end of August? It will just be so handy when it officially opens up to the public.

I think you would need divine intervention for it to be open at the end of August!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement