Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] The bitch and moan patch thread

Options
  • 12-11-2008 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Right what were they thinking regarding the raven and torps.

i now have a -10% range on them
    also have less damage on them when used against the same or smaller ship class
    and its slower (22mps slower with my skills) now doing 112mps

so basically harder to get in range with smaller range and harder to get in range because of speed and harder to hold someone because of less effective webs.

way to go, remove caldari's only pvp ship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Wouldn't say only pvp ship, probably only high dps pvp ship but yeah.

Not a whole lot of complaints about the patch myself more annoyed at how some of the new features have been implemented. So good patch all round, but ill wait until a large fight to pass total judgement.

Still don't see how certificates work though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Your tears they sustain me ect...

All they changes are over the top and will be 'fixed' in due course over the coming years, leading to more whines.

Target painters seem like a good idea atm. Fit one, go nuts.

/incoherence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Your tears they sustain me ect...

All they changes are over the top and will be 'fixed' in due course over the coming years, leading to more whines.

Target painters seem like a good idea atm. Fit one, go nuts.

/incoherence

POINTLESS.png

Grow up, I am not about to **** all over this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Wait, they gimped torps even further? Did I completely miss the point in Eve PvP where torps were the most used and abused weapon in the game? I seriously cannot think of when I last saw torps being used outside of taking down offline POS.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    Wait, they gimped torps even further? Did I completely miss the point in Eve PvP where torps were the most used and abused weapon in the game? I seriously cannot think of when I last saw torps being used outside of taking down offline POS.

They nerfed missiles in general.

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=899873

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Oh ****ing boo hoo.. Torps ;_;

If that was the only thing to whine about in this patch.. I'd be slightly more understanding..

Shut up for **** sake..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

mamolian wrote: »
    Oh ****ing boo hoo.. Torps ;_;

If that was the only thing to whine about in this patch.. I'd be slightly more understanding..

Shut up for **** sake..

Hey mamo why dont you go cut yourself about your nano ishtar somemore? god forbid others might find different changes and nerf's that effect them just as annoying .

I did some testing or dark's drake vrs ciphas's hurrican btw if you afterburner around in the hurrican you cut the drakes missile damage by 60 hp a missile 160 when not orbiting to 100. To the afterburning laz0r myrms kids :)

From now on I'm just gonna say 'ADAPT OR DIE NUBS :TWISTEDEVIL:'

afterburning laz0r myrms might just work, ofc if people blob you escaping will be more difficult, but not impossible.

Anyone check out ab AF's, they are great with a small nos to run your rep even when neuted. I smell a Irish AF gimmick gang tbpfh.

AF lvl V reporting o7 o7 o7 o7 o7 o7 o7 o7 o7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Arse whore cock weasels!
    One of these damn nerfs has finally effected me :P
    Dammit all, my poor crow is now all silly :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

Yeah i never get hit by nerf's (usually)....but wtf is this **** ccp....i wnt my missiles fixed plz k thx

Glippo wrote: »
    Yeah i never get hit by nerf's (usually)....but wtf is this **** ccp....i wnt my missiles fixed plz k thx

Adapt or die :twistedevil:

azezil wrote: »
    Dammit all, my poor crow is now all silly :'(

In what way has it damaged the crow? I have a pretty well pimped Crow that I'd like to not be crap now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Youre slower, light drones will kill you now, and your rockets...well theyre probably not as awesome as you remember.

Apparently afterburning, scrambling Taranis are winsauce.

I don't believe you. They can't have gimped a pimped Crow to the point where light drones will kill it. And who the hell uses rockets on a crow lol?

I did. But when I became a man, I put childish things away and trained a Taranis.

My crow went from about 7k/s to 5k/s after the patch, that is slow enough for warrior II's to catch and destroy.

Oh. I should be alright.

Confirmed that T1 hobgoblins cannot catch my 3.5km/second taranis, but do tag along perfectly at my rails optimal with low tranversals when trying to chase me. Which is nice.

T2 Warriors may still eat your face however.

• Advertisement

So I see they still haven't sorted out that lag problem either. If anything I think its gotten worse!

In saying that I was in a batter with about 100 odd people at the time :)

Lags hugely improved.. just go to jita and see for yourself..

Its the perfect way to see a reinforced node. Just random 50 v 50 man fights in empire is not a valid test of the lag reduction shiat ccp put in last few patches etc.

The problem with QR is a massive memory leak due to ****ty coding. Theyre working on a fix, but all reports indicate that they have indeed "fixed" lag prior to the issues with the QR patch. In that fleet fights are now broadly playable.

Once they fix QR it ought to be good again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Extended DT for patch tomorrow so long skills be set unless you want to whine more. :pac:

Advertisement