Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Predictions!

• 12-11-2008 5:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭

Anyone care to cast their prediction for Saturday?

I think it'll be 32-12 to NZ. We've little hope against the side they've picked in my view but a good performance from us might be the above scoreline.

Nice to see we have a bit of impact off the bench for a change so if its close with 20 to go you never know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I predict... a riot!

Sorry, I think it will be a relatively low scoring, most of the points coming from penalties. If we are still in it with 15 to go, and we can all still move, then I think we could wing it.

Hoping - IRE 19 - 16 NZ
    Probably - IRE 12 - 25 NZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

if we use our subs tactically with 20 minutes to go then it will be a less than 7 point game. If the AB's make their tactical subs with 20 to go and we dont they'll just pull clear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I think we'll win, we've been unbelievably close to doing it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

So tough to call this one I think.
    - NZ are coming off a good season and Ireland are only beginning theirs
    - Ireland have a great new coaching team
    - Ireland have some real talent in the squad
    - NZ have named a full strength team
    - Forecast on BBC is for light rain

So many factors. I will say:

Ireland 23 (2 conv Tries, 3 pens) - 21 NZ (3 conv tries)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Ire 12 : NZ 0

• Advertisement

NZ: 0?

Nice! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Noopti wrote: »
    NZ: 0?

Nice! :D

I had a dream about it last night. It wasn't a 4 penalty 12 either, a full two tries were scored. I'm off to the NZherald comments page with my predictions.

They'll love you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Fúck it, Ireland to win by less than 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

IRE 13 - 27 NZ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

IRE 13 - 23 NZ

You know I have this niggling feeling Ireland will win but then again I have that feeling everytime we play NZ and I am always sorely, sorely disappointed so I am going to be realistic this time and go with my head rather than my gut/heart

If I was to go with my gut though...

IRE 20 - 18 NZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

15 9 irl

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Diom

Ireland 20 New Zealand 34

Please let them prove me wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Ireland 25 vs New Zealand 18

This is for sure.

I know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I expect it to be close no matter the winner. I really think Ireland have a shot, maybe by 4-5 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 *Aragorn*

Otacon wrote: »
    If we are still in it with 15 to go, and we can all still move, then I think we could wing it.

Hoping - IRE 19 - 16 NZ
    Probably - IRE 12 - 25 NZ
    That's how I'd call it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭redmca

The psycholigical mountain to be overcome is can we put them to the sword if we are still in a winnable position with 15 minutes to go as we have been in recent matches against them. I fear if we are not more than 7 points clear coming down to the wire that we could have a repeat of France in Croke Park last year ...... near and yet so far

Heart says Irl 20 NZ 12 :)

Head says Irl 20 NZ 26 :(

Yeah, we have recently always been in with a shot of winning it before conceding late on. Hopefully it will be different this time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

If we can keep the energy level's up in the last 20 and we are not behind by much we could do it. Experience tells me otherwise, probobaly an AB win by 10 to 15 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭twinytwo

If Ireland plays the way we know they can its not like we cant win the game i mean we have the pack and our back line is good. if drico and rodge play there is no reason why we cant win. What could cost us though is giving away retarded penos inside our 22 which carter will easily convert.. or if rodge gets hurt...

24 -21 to ireland with tries from kearney, d. wallace and earls if he comes on which i think he will. I dont see Dempsey lasting the 80 so hopefully kearney will be put FB and earls on the wing... i see that as our strongest team.

• Advertisement

ireland 11 - Nz 54

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 runny babbit

My spidey senses are flashing..feeling its going to be close.Either we"ll pip them or they"ll pip us. 17-15 15-17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

We've run them close in NZ with much the same bunch of Irish players, so I don't see why we won't again. A loss by single digits would be a decent result, I'll be very pleased if we're within a score at the end. A loss of more than 14 or more would be disappointing.

Prediction: Ireland 19 - 28 NZ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

10-9 to NZ. They'll get a converted try in the first half, we'll be kept in the game by ROG penalties and then an Irish player (my money is on Marcus Horan or Tony Buckley) will give away a stupid penalty in the dying few minutes of the game which results in Ireland getting desperate and trying everything and anything at which point NZ will pick and go til the cows come home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 n*erdtalker

best chance we have had in a while - ELV application might be key around the breakdown. Strong ref please !!! Monumental game.. ireland to shade it 21 -18 history in the making :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

IRE 3 - 24 NZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Ulstermell0

ireland 2 tries, 1 converted + 3 pens = 21

NZ 4 tries 3 converted +2 pens = 29

21-29

oops forgot the +10 home crowd advantage new prediction: 31-29

come on the boys!!

interesting hypothetical question - would you rather beat the ABs convincingly or win the triple crown next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Beat the All Blacks, triple crown is fairly pointless and beating NZ would affect our ranking for the RWC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

interesting hypothetical question - would you rather beat the ABs convincingly or win the triple crown next year?

100% beating the All Blacks.

It would be on par with winning the 6 nations for me personally considering our record against them, the downright arrogance of their supporters when sizing us up, the latest comments in the media, BOD's 50th cap as captain, new management off to great start, reigniting the optimism of previous years etc.

Honestly if we win this I would be ecstatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

100% beating the All Blacks.

It would be on par with winning the 6 nations for me personally considering our record against them, the downright arrogance of their supporters when sizing us up, the latest comments in the media, BOD's 50th cap as captain, new management off to great start, reigniting the optimism of previous years etc.

Honestly if we win this I would be ecstatic.

Could'nt have put it better meself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

16-16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Ireland. ROG to have a stormer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Nz by 15pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

I predict a cracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Oh, I hate this.

Remember that the AB's have been playing with the new rules since the beggening of the Super 14 - sometime in Feb. Ireland have only been playing the new rules since the beggening of the Magners League.

The AB have recently won the Tri Nations, and are playing well at the moment.

The Irish team have only had one game under the new coach/management, and it was not a great game.

I realy want to see Ireland win this game - it would be fantastic for the new coaching team, and for the players, but, I don't think it will happen.

What realy makes me so sad, is that there are so many fans out there who beleive that Ireland will win, and if they don't win, they will be so dissapointed.

So, I am not going to put a score prediction down (not keen on a ban :)), but I do think the AB's will win. I just hope that they don't give us a lesson on how to play the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

It's gonna be our day, ROG will have his best game in an Irish jersey and Tommy Bowe will score.

Ireland 26 NZ 20

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

P.C. wrote: »
    Oh, I hate this.

Remember that the AB's have been playing with the new rules since the beggening of the Super 14 - sometime in Feb. Ireland have only been playing the new rules since the beggening of the Magners League.

The AB have recently won the Tri Nations, and are playing well at the moment.

The Irish team have only had one game under the new coach/management, and it was not a great game.

I realy want to see Ireland win this game - it would be fantastic for the new coaching team, and for the players, but, I don't think it will happen.

What realy makes me so sad, is that there are so many fans out there who beleive that Ireland will win, and if they don't win, they will be so dissapointed.

So, I am not going to put a score prediction down (not keen on a ban :)), but I do think the AB's will win. I just hope that they don't give us a lesson on how to play the game.

Ah I don't think anyone believes without doubt that we will win, alot of people are optimistic that we can win (me too). But even a good performance and a narrow loss would be a solid start to the new regime and acceptable to most unless it was because we completely threw it away in the last few minutes..

I like that a little of the optimism is back even if it does turn out to be misplaced in the end. I didn't think after the Georgia game just over 12 months ago that we would ever be even quitely confident going into a test against a major rugby for at least 5 years.

Prediction (After all that) Ireland 24 - New Zealand 20 (So there P.C :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

NZ 27 - 17 IRE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Skitbra wrote: »
    IRE 3 - 24 NZ

Almost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I watched the (mis)match down my local -wearing my All Blacks shirt discreetly under my jacket - but the always inevitable result was an anti-climax! I left the pub a little sad that once again we had failed and despite the fact that my favourite rugby team had won, yet again, the game had had failed to match the hype. Maybe now the IRFU will release some of the key Munster players for a second bite at the cherry on Tuesday? Tomas O'Leary was the only Irish player to shine. The only consolation was that it could have been worse if Dan Carter had been on form and I saved myself a fortune having 6 pints of Guinness down the local instead of the guts of €200 on a basic ticket/travel and, of course, Guinness. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭jam_on_toast

Jackz wrote: »
    Ireland. ROG to have a stormer.

what a shame. ROG showed his true colours last night as he usually does in big games. He was shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

Maybe now the IRFU will release some of the key Munster players for a second bite at the cherry on Tuesday?
    Now why on earth would they do that? There is a very important game next saturday agains the team who came third in the last RWC with the 'small' matter of ranking points for the 2011 RWC to deal with.

Tuesday's exhibibition game against NZ XV (not the All Blacks - no player is getting capped) is a fundraiser (already settled with ticket sales) and publicity game organised in conjunction with Adidas.

Advertisement