Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yorkie: It's not for the ladies lounge.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Don't care for them but will eat one in defiance.
    Yes I'm sure marketing had nothing to do with it at all....:rolleyes:

Why should you doubt my statement regarding my preference? Maybe for some people marketing has convinced them, but for me I couldn't give a rat's ass, if I'm going to eat vanilla ice cream I'll eat one that actually tastes good to me, which in this case is B&Js.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

"The Fair Trade thing has nothing to do with it, it just tastes better."

My response wasn't based around your personal preference for the taste, I took this statement to be purely based on the impact of marketing.

This is where lines were crossed. Who would buy something that tastes like rubbish just because it was fair trade?Nobody but it's what it does for the greater marketing possibilities of the company and its numerous products not just that product alone. If that clears it up.

I still tip my hats to the move. Still wouldn't waste 7 euro on any of them though.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Don't care for them but will eat one in defiance.
    Haagen Dazs is about the same price and doesn't promote any product as Fair Trade (to the best of my knowledge), yet they seem to be doing ok for themselves, so I think most people will buy based on personal preference rather than branding. I suspect it's only a tiny percentage of people who would buy any particular ice cream because it is labelled FT. Personally vanilla is way down my list of favourites anyway, I prefer to spend my money on the non-FT B&J's flavours that I really like. Now if they'd only bring back Cherry Garcia...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't like Yorkies anyway so it doesn't matter
    stovelid wrote: »
    I remember the ads with the manly truck driver when I was a little kid:

Oh wow! Thanks for that! I remember that ad even though it was on TV in the very early 80s when I was barely past toddler stage.
    Although you always wondered why he wasn't man enough to eat the bar in one go.
    Hell yeah! What's that about?! :confused:

I love the way he makes eyes at the woman... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

It's a disgrace, and I'm totally with everyone complaining! I was happy when I first saw the crossed out woman on the logo that they no longer included woman in the ingredients, because I thought I'd discovered what had been behind Yorkie's foulness. I rushed to buy one, but it was still gross. In fact, it seemed even worse! After the success of the Wispa campaign, I'm tempted to start a "Put woman back in Yorkie!" campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Love Yorkies. The sexists won't stop me.
    really hate yorkie bars yuk yuk yuk

Worst thing is the size of the squares. It's really hard to comfortably suck one in your mouth without choking or spitting the thing out. Wow, that last sentence looks bad :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Worst thing is the size of the squares. It's really hard to comfortably suck one in your mouth without choking or spitting the thing out. Wow, that last sentence looks bad :pac:.

Practice makes perfect. It's rude to spit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

It's like trying to give a kid medecine if they refuse take it away from them and then they want it.
    I'd agree with Elle, in that maybe it was just an application of the whole "no, you can't have this" => you want it more because you can't have it principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Who the hell is Yorkie?
    Don't feed the birds.

• Advertisement

shellyboo wrote: »
    Practice makes perfect. It's rude to spit :P

True...Maybe I should try biting it into manageable pieces instead. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

One of the young 'uns in my class back in my younger days wrote a letter to the company, all 'I'm 13/14 years old and think you're a disgrace' like stuff, and if memory serves correct they sent her loads of free stuff.

If they were free Yorkies but, jokes on her. Wouldn't force them on my worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

LOL :) I'd never have thought of that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Yes if you can't swallow then biting is always the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

When I was about 8 my sad little claim to fame was my ability to eat two king sized Yorkies one after the other.

I was the skinniest fatty ever!

Advertisement