Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email not working

Options
  • 12-11-2008 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm on coop in germany at the moment. For some reason my email account isnt working at all, it just says invalid username and password. same for a friend who is here with me. Im registired for the coop and I can see this in online student records aswell that I am registered for coop. do they disable your email while on coop? it used to work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

they've changed the password system.. to change it go to
    https://outside.ul.ie/PasswordReset/StudentChangePassword.aspx

Your password now needs to contain uppercase chars, lowercase chars and a number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

Thanks a million man. Glad to see the IT dept is still a bunch of annoying prats

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭bryanbal

iv been trying to email a lecturer keep getting undelivered. not even sure if she still works in ul. michelle o dwyer marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Can any one help?!
    I am trying to send a copy of a Power Point Presentation as an attatchment to 3 other people in my group.

Every time I go to send it, it says my mail box is full and I need to empty it, or ask my server or something for extra space:confused:

WHAT DO I DO??!!!

Also, I really don't get what Cc and Bc mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Can any one help?!
    I am trying to send a copy of a Power Point Presentation as an attatchment to 3 other people in my group.

Every time I go to send it, it says my mail box is full and I need to empty it, or ask my server or something for extra space:confused:

WHAT DO I DO??!!!

It won't let you send any mail until you delete some old emails or some files on your desktop or in My documents. They are all part of the profile iirc. If there are any emails that you want to keep you could copy them to a usb key. Or you could archive them in an outllook file on your usb key but thats a bit more complicated. Remember that there could be emails in drafts and sent items.

How big is the presentation? It may be too big to send.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Can any one help?!

WHAT DO I DO??!!!

upload to localhostr.com

email the link you get to the people in your group

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Also, in Microsoft Outlook click on 'Tools' and then 'Recover Deleted Emails'. A lot of people don't realise that when you delete emails from the recycle bin, or whatever it's called, they still get stored on your account and can be deleted using the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Can any one help?!

WHAT DO I DO??!!!

Delete some old emails. CC means carbon copy and BCC is Blind Carbon Copy. CC just sends a copy of the mail to another person. BCC allows you to send the same mail to multiple people but each of the people won't know that you have sent the same mail to other people.
    The Don wrote: »
    It won't let you send any mail until you delete some old emails or some files on your desktop or in My documents. They are all part of the profile iirc. If there are any emails that you want to keep you could copy them to a usb key. Or you could archive them in an outllook file on your usb key but thats a bit more complicated. Remember that there could be emails in drafts and sent items.

How big is the presentation? It may be too big to send.

Your mail store isn't part of your profile it's stored on the Exchange servers. As The Don said you could archive old mails that you want to keep and then delete them.

I cannot send mails....at all

Ive deleted my ENTIRE inbox, drafts, outbox etc. but still no luck. it says my memory or some sh1t is full....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I wonder does it make any difference that I am doing it on my laptop?

That is...would I have better luck sending e-mails from the library computers or otherwise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

did you delete your deleted items?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

the email account is a joke

just use it to receive your emails and then send all your mails from a personal account its useless to use the college mail regularly to send mails

I cannot send mails....at all

Ive deleted my ENTIRE inbox, drafts, outbox etc. but still no luck. it says my memory or some sh1t is full....

Empty your deleted items folder too, it counts toward the size of your mailbox. I'm pretty sure it didn't say your memory or some sh1t is full...when you tell people the actual error message you're getting life becomes much easier.
    I wonder does it make any difference that I am doing it on my laptop?

That is...would I have better luck sending e-mails from the library computers or otherwise?

No it wouldn't make any difference. Did you follow any of what was said by all the people who tried to help you out? You need to delete some of your old email and empty the Deleted Items folder too. If that doesn't work the presentation may be too big to email so you should upload it to something like localhostr.com and then email the link to people.
    Harpy wrote: »
    did you delete your deleted items?

I should buy you a pint some time for having some sense :)

rmacm wrote: »
    Empty your deleted items folder too, it counts toward the size of your mailbox. I'm pretty sure it didn't say your memory or some sh1t is full...when you tell people the actual error message you're getting life becomes much easier.

Deleted bin is empty.

error message is:
    Ihr Postfach hat das speicherlimit überschritten. Löchen sie elemente aus ihrem postfach, oder bitter sie den serveradministrator, das speicherlimit zu erhöhen

....easier for you?

so basically, "your memory or some sh1t is full":rolleyes:

Deleted bin is empty.

error message is:
    Ihr Postfach hat das speicherlimit überschritten. Löchen sie elemente aus ihrem postfach, oder bitter sie den serveradministrator, das speicherlimit zu erhöhen

....easier for you?

so basically, "your memory or some sh1t is full":rolleyes:

So according to Google Translator
    My mailbox has the memory limit exceeded. They delete items from your inbox, or ask the server administrator, the memory limit to increase

Or in slightly more coherent English Your mailbox has exceeded its size limit. Delete some items from your inbox or ask the server administrator to increase your size limit.

Nothing involving ****, there's a recovery area for deleted items too you should probably empty this, along with checking all your other folders too and dumping stuff in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fyyi

bazkennedy wrote: »
    they've changed the password system.. to change it go to
    https://outside.ul.ie/PasswordReset/StudentChangePassword.aspx

Your password now needs to contain uppercase chars, lowercase chars and a number

Hi, I am also outside of UL so I'm not physically able to go on campus and change the password. I have clicked on the link and am positive that I have followed the requirements for the new password. It even displayed that the password was successfully changed! ...Though, I still get an error when I try to log in! :-(( It didn't work stating that there was a "login error". Any help please?

Advertisement