Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-condition Oak Kitchen Doors

Options
  • 12-11-2008 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi,

I have solid oak kitchen doors that I would like to get re-conditioned (if that's the right term). The doors have been varnished a few times and I would like to have them sanded down to restore them to their original condition.

Does anyone know someone that could do this job in the Cork area. Could you please pm their details to me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Not making light of your problem but any good carpenter/joiner in your area should do what you need.

I removed solid oak doors from an old kitchen me Ma had. coated them in Nitromorse overnight and brought them back to glory. The varnish had trapped dust, grease, and grime over the years. It was lovely to see the original oak again and it gave the doors another 20 years life, all the hinges were crap and need changing though.

With a little effort on your part you could probably do the job yourself.

Advertisement