Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pakistani Loach, YoYo Loach

Options
  • 12-11-2008 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

hi,

I've got one of these & he's a bit of a bully.. carnivore more like. I've had him for 2 years & unfortunately he "owns" the tank, biting & nipping the other fish. I'm thinking about getting rid of him, but I'm curious of what other fish could I get to "calm" him down a bit.... Any help appreciated.

Other fish
    Plecostomus
    White-spotted talking Catfish... that doesn't talk :rolleyes: infact he never comes out of the hidy hole..
    5 Angel Fish
    1 paranoid neon tetra... I had 7 new ones on Sunday, I was blaming the Pakistani, but maybe the angel fish could be responsable..!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

I reckon the Neons were an expensive snack for the Angelfish.

The loach will harass a few fish but Pakistani loaches are generally peaceful and don't do much damage. As long as he has a bit of bogwood/rocks to retreat to he'll be fine, they can be territorial.

Although saying that I know a few people that keep them with Malawi Cichlids without problems, so that shows that they can hold their own!!

I once had a Botia Modesta (Orange Fined Loach), now he was a piece of work, he would hunt at night and went to town on many a tetra.

What size is your tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

I have had 2 pakistani (yoyo) loaches in my tank for the last year. They were given to me by a friend who had had them a while. They now have reached full size and have taken bites out of my male guppy tails and I wouldn't hesitate in naming them responsible for killing another 2... I have nothing else in that tank that would be aggressive enough.
    I hear Yoyo loaches get more territorial and aggressive once adults. I think mine are coming very close to being rehomed too! :-)

Depending on the size of the angels, they could be guilty for these neons too though.

ValerieR
    www.irishfishkeepers.com

Advertisement